Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pennsylvania Supercharger - In Progress

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We received an updated Coming Soon map from the Hawthorne Design Center a few days ago and it shows a PA location that is currently under construction, or very close to it. We know the location of the one in west PA (Cranberry) but not sure of the one in eastern PA. Is that Allentown? Does anyone know where this location is or could possibly provide some updates/pictures? Thanks.

image.jpg

As is often the case with these Hawthorne maps, the glass shifts the image in a misleading way. I wouldn't put too much stock in where the dots "appear" to be. Cranberry looks like Youngstown,OH; Triadelphia, WV looks like Cambridge, OH; Albany looks like Utica, NY. I bet this is still Allentown.

I'm not too far from Allentown. Sadly, that also means it won't be of much use to me (unless I just want to erase the last 20 miles of my journey heh). That said, it's close enough to scout once we get some firm news.

I do not believe the new PA location is Allentown, PA. I reached out to government officials there and they confirmed that they have not been talking to Tesla about Superchargers. Heard back from both the Communications Manager and Chief Planner. Any other thoughts?

So the lead is that this next location may be in Whitehall, PA and not Allentown, although they're very close to each other. We think they may be going in at Lehigh Valley Mall - 250 Lehigh Valley Mall, Whitehall, PA 18052. Does anyone live in that area to possible scope it out?

I can take a trip up that way in the next few days (was actually just there 2 days ago). The location isn't right off 78, but it's about a 5 minute drive. They used to have chargers there in front of the Apple store, and they mysteriously disappeared one day, so this would be cool for a quick top off. Not ideal for my travels, but still welcomed.

I can take a trip up that way in the next few days (was actually just there 2 days ago). The location isn't right off 78, but it's about a 5 minute drive. They used to have chargers there in front of the Apple store, and they mysteriously disappeared one day, so this would be cool for a quick top off. Not ideal for my travels, but still welcomed.

But if you take 22 thought the area instead of 78, it's right off the highway..probably quicker than diverging off 78 to the chargers and back on again..but it's been a while since I've been on that stretch of 22:

mall.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also, any ideas when it might go live? Hopefully by June!

But if you take 22 thought the area instead of 78, it's right off the highway..probably quicker than diverging off 78 to the chargers and back on again..but it's been a while since I've been on that stretch of 22:

View attachment 46443

- - - Updated - - -

Also, any ideas when it might go live? Hopefully by June!

ah maps. so clear, yet so misleading. Taking 22 from NJ means turning off 78 and going north for a while on what is basically local streets. Even when it turns back into a "highway", it's this thin 2-lane horror filled with folks that like to hold onto the left lane for dear life. Throw construction on top of the general congestion of the area, and yeah... it's not ideal in the least. I'd go 78 and then cut down 309.

ah maps. so clear, yet so misleading. Taking 22 from NJ means turning off 78 and going north for a while on what is basically local streets. Even when it turns back into a "highway", it's this thin 2-lane horror filled with folks that like to hold onto the left lane for dear life. Throw construction on top of the general congestion of the area, and yeah... it's not ideal in the least. I'd go 78 and then cut down 309.

Not sure I get the 309 part... the "2" on the map is where the mall is... 309 doesn't seem close at all to that area.