Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster VIN482 Black/black on Ebay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The photos are just EP1. (Even using the shot with JB and Ahnold.)
%21BUe3WEwB2k%7E$%28KGrHgoOKjsEjlLmWUfiBKNuH%295zL%21%7E%7E_3.JPG

I think the owner has paid in full and is just trying to get his money out of it.

Potential $7,500 Federal tax credit for the benefit of the buyer. This Roadster will be stored near the dealer location until sold.

If that is the case, maybe the owner never took official title and is just having Tesla store the car until a buyer is found. I don't think it is possible to offer the $7,500 federal tax credit on a used car.

VIN 482 Back on EBay

Auction 120444833981
$122,000 starting price with a reserve
$137,000 buy it now price
Mileage 58
Advertised that the price includes CA license fee and sales tax, and federal rebate available.

If seriously considering this car, double check on the sales tax and rebate. If Tesla has turned in the Report of Sale to DMV, I would be dubious that sales or use tax would not be due again. (Vehicle license fee should be OK if you are in California.)

I checked carfax. The VIN is not recorded at any DMV as of 7/6.

Seems great caution should be exercised if you are thinking of buying this car.

I'm sure if you call Tesla they will have some 2008 demo/showroom cars going as they are now just starting to ship the 2010 models.

Hi All,

I see I have dropped the ball in terms of paying attention to the Club forum. So, yes, #482 has very low miles....one of those deals where you put down a deposit two years ahead of delivery, thinking your wife will love the car...and then she surprises you by wanting to stay with her current car. As to the "stock pictures" comment, guilty as charged as I was simply too lazy at the time to take pictures. In any event, the car was driven from the dealer to home and later exhibited at a car show near Stanford University. Otherwise, it's a virgin, now with 93 miles. On the Fed tax credit, since I realized we'd be selling the car, I bought it in an LLC. The purchaser will buy the LLC and therefore, come tax time, can apply for the credit (according to my tax advisor). So, no evil here...just trying to get out of a deal.

Regards,

Black Car