Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Supercharger - Beaver, UT

I got info that the Beaver SC is going live on Monday.

Just popped by. Right off the interstate so easy to access. Looked done and good to go but tried to plug in and no juice! I'm at the KOA in cedar city trying to get a few more miles. Pulled right up, plugged in and flipped the breaker. Getting like 40a/234v 28mi/hr charge.

Had 175 miles to go but 150 range and 160ish projected. Was soooo close yet so far!! Was tempted to go for it. Seeing those 80mph signs is like torture though, while you're doing 65-70 drafting a semi. Haha I'll get there eventually. Quite an adventure for sure

Being from Boulder, I assume you're headed south? I'm planning a trip up US 15 north from Vegas around 22-April and unfortunately looking for an alternative to fill the missing Supercharger gap to Richfield. Beaver coming on-line would help immensely, but if not I'll have to charge, probably in St. George (like TempleView RV Park or, failing that, the Nissan dealership). Trying to make it to Cedar City from Vegas seems to be a bridge too far... Or maybe not if I make a "moving roadblock" out of my Model S...

Any experience with this route, particularly northbound, will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by mathwhiz; 2014-04-11 at 12:16 PM.

Anyone?

As of tonight, looks like it was repaved.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    P85+ VIN:13201

All right. Thanks for the update. Did you move the orange cone and test it out ?

Quote Originally Posted by KJD View Post
    All right. Thanks for the update. Did you move the orange cone and test it out ?
    Nope, I wasn't there. I had a friend drive through and snap the photo for me.

Roadster#433, Model S#S37 Cottonwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Denarius View Post
    As of tonight, looks like it was repaved.
    Any signs of a transformer? See below for an example from Blanding.

Name:  Blanding Equipment-2.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  407.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
    Any signs of a transformer? See below for an example from Blanding.

Name:  Blanding Equipment-2.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  407.4 KB
    He wasn't sure.

Hey hey! So i actually went for it and hit Richfield>Cedar city>Vegas instead of going south thru Moab. I made sure i had a full 271 mile charge leaving Richfield. Drove fairly conservatively, tired to draft semis, make the most of every opportunity to regain juice going down hills. Luckily you're decreasing in elevation almost the whole time so you maintain a good bit of power. I stopped at Cedar City KOA for almost 2hrs at like 12am just to get like 40-50 miles of charge back and rolled into vegas at like 4 w/ 9 miles left of rated range. Its so painful driving 60mph in an 80 (wish more highways were like this!) but wouldn't have made it if i wasn't going slow. One of my only complaints is they promote this 270 miles of range on the battery but never really tell you thats really if you use it locally and drive conservatively. Every 10mph-20mph over that you go crushes the battery. The car just isn't meant for barging across the country yet but its ok bc i did the whole trip for free and enjoyed every second of it even though it took me over 15hrs! haha I was shocked i had to stop so much honestly. i thought i'd be able to skip a super charger and be able to do glenwood>green river but i had to stop in grand junction b/c i didn't have enough charge to make it. Hopefully its something they can work on b/c its not realistic to travel the country 10mph under a 75mph speed limit. Either way its still an incredibly fun and beautiful drive just give yourself a solid 15hrs. The stop at the KOA really made it take forever though. Beaver Run should be open any day now so by 4/22 you should be good to go and you'll make it easily! Cheers!

Thread Information