Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Much would your Model S Cost Today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mikevbf

Feb 11, 2012
vermont
Would any Model S owners who bought their car a little while ago be willing to head over to TM's design studio Model S Design Studio | Tesla Motors and try and configure as close as possible the same car you own? Then, tell us how the price has changed in general or specifically if you can. Please include your order date if you can. Thanks

Note to Mods: I thought of entering this in the ordering and production sub section, but thought more people who had owned their Model S for a while would see it here.

$9500 more. Ordered July 31st, 2013. Took delivery March 11th, 2014. Canadian config.

I did get the power folding mirrors for "free" thanks to the lapse. I inquired about adding them after the price change/feature introduction. I was told I would have had to pay new rates on everything I chose to get them. They included them anyway.

I also ordered the jump seats much later and they honoured the old pricing structure (and would have on anything else I added).

I am bummed I wasn't able to get the parking sensors and the cold weather package, though. Those things weren't worth the jump in price.

About $5k more... Although I am pretty sure I have nappa on the door and center armrests, just not the lower dash so... Really more like $7500. I didn't realize I had it until I recently drove a loaner P85 without it. So glad I got in early!

One of the early adopters. Ordered Aug 2011, today the cost would be over $81k LIST and mine was only $72K. That includes the fact that we got the Superchargers at No Cost. Glad we did it when we did. Love the car, excited to order another one soon.

I have a 2012 tesla model s p85 ……….yes that is right 2012, I believe original confirmation placeholder was number 806. The date of manufacture is 12/2012. I live in new mexico and would like to sell the vehicle. I took delivery one year ago. The reasons I am interested in selling the car are straight forward: Tesla is the finest vehicle in the world. I want the latest and best. 1. Red was not available when I took delivery. 2. Even though the vehicle was well equipped, I declined the tech package. 3. I qualified for the federal tax credit. The specs on my tesla are: tesla model s performance. p85 85 kw battery. pearl white exterior color ($1500), panoramic all glass roof ($1500) 21 inch silver wheels, black performance interior, carbon fiber interior decor, active air suspension, supercharger hardware, single charger, black nappa leather interior with contrast piping, rear carbon fiber spoiler. My mileage is 4100. The vehicle is fantastic!!! I pulled the trigger for purchase after driving the tesla roadster in albuquerque. The original sticker price was 95,400. Tesla personal delivery was 990. Final inspection, prep, and coordination (whatever that entails) was 180. I also bought the tire inflation kit from tesla. After sales tax the total bill was 100,000. The vehicle is a real head turner as everyone knows. I am looking to upgrade to a model s performance with the red multi coat (not the wine red signature paint) with the tech package, 21 inch rims, pano sun roof and air suspension. We all know the vehicle I want is a bit more pricy than mine but it is what I desire from the finest car in the world. I am asking 99,999 for mine. I waited 4 years for my vehicle banking on the success of tesla. In retrospect shares of the company would have been a far better investment, but not nearly as fun!!!!! I am including pictures of the vehicle and sticker. Thank you for the interest. Ryan
photo-4.JPG
photo-5.JPG