Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hwy 395, California, please post places to charge.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gene

Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2013
Santa Barbara, CA
Please post locations you know of for charging along Highway 395. Many of us Californians travel and enjoy the East Sierra from Lone Pine to Mammoth to Bridgeport. It seems that Bishop is to get a Supercharger but there is still need for local charging around Lone Pine and Independence.

Just north of Lone Pine now has a very nice little motel that has installed a 14-50, 50 amps, as per my request. I have just heard from Linda Ellsworth, the proprietor, that she has had a professional electrician install a 14-50 as per Tesla's instruction. Rays Den Motel is a super clean little place of 8 rooms. Linda has no meter so you are on the honor system of 25 cents per kwh.

Rays Den Motel - Independence, CA | Yelp

Rays Den Motel (Independence, CA) - Motel Reviews - TripAdvisor

Give her a try and let us know how it went.

Last edited:
Today, I drove from Ventura, to the Lebec Supercharger, then with a range charge to Independence on Hwy 395. I took the route through Tehachapi to hwy 14 which becomes 395. I drove 55 to 65 all the way and arrived with 57 miles to spare! There are actually two very clean and cute motels in Independence, Ca with Nema 14-50. Both 14-50 were working well. They both gave me a full 40 amps and 27 mph charge.