Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV rentals in Phoenix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsm363

Roadster + Sig Model S
May 17, 2009
Nevada
Does anyone know if one of the rental companies rents the Nissan Leaf or Chevy Volt? I find stories from 2 years about about Enterprise and Hertz offering them in Phoenix but when I call they can't find them. They must have gotten rid of them but thought someone might know of an EV rental in the area. I'm pretty sure a Model S is out of the question if the others aren't available and Hertz charges way too much anyway. Thanks.

It would appear that Enterprise added a few EVs to their fleet for the publicity then quickly sold them off... they're pathetic...

Yeah. That's what they told me. This appears to be the last one they have left. Too bad really. I would think they could add the Volt in its place since that might be accepted by more people renting cars but again only seats four.

Took a $30 cab ride out to Tempe to pick up Leaf. I told them my flight landed at 5:40PM and they didn't even bother to mention they closed at 6 so when I got there at 6:15 they were closed. I could see the leaf sitting there plugged in but had to get another cab ride back to airport just to rent a Prius. The beeping the Prius makes in reverse was enough to make me to never consider that car unless I can help it.

Why airport rentals don't carry the Volt is tough to understand. Would make a great rental for short distance driving and using little to no gas.