Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Actual Tire Pressure numbers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 8 year old Acura shows actual tire pressure for each tire, but I don't see anything like that for the Model S. Is that something coming? It's a good way to see if there's a slow leak in a tire. I ask this because I've already had the TPMS replaced in my week old car, so made me wonder more about my awareness of the tire pressures.

My 8 year old Acura shows actual tire pressure for each tire, but I don't see anything like that for the Model S. Is that something coming? It's a good way to see if there's a slow leak in a tire. I ask this because I've already had the TPMS replaced in my week old car, so made me wonder more about my awareness of the tire pressures.

I've heard it's there, but just not exposed to the user. I agree it is glaring in its absence. My last car would display each tire's actual pressure in real time.

I recall seeing a post several months ago stating that the S had a hardware limitation -- only one receiver for all four TPMS transmitters instead of four receivers -- that prevented it from showing four individual tire pressure values. Do not know if that is correct, however.

My Porsche shows all four tire pressure values simultaneously in real time which I appreciate.

I recall seeing a post several months ago stating that the S had a hardware limitation -- only one receiver for all four TPMS transmitters instead of four receivers -- that prevented it from showing four individual tire pressure values. Do not know if that is correct, however.

My Porsche shows all four tire pressure values simultaneously in real time which I appreciate.

I was told that as well be was also told it was a software issue according to one of the Rangers at least. Hopefully, if accurate, this means it is just a software update away.

The Roadster displayed this. Still don't understand why they hide it in Model S.

True, but annoyingly the screen isn't available unless you put the car in Park. It does however stay up if you start driving again. I don't know why Tesla likes hiding tire pressures!

If there's some limitation that it can't tell you which tire is which... show it anyway. My old Nissan did that. It had no idea which pressure was for which tire, but it showed all four numbers so at least you would know if one was lower than the others.

Tesla's TPMS module knows which sensor serial number corresponds with which wheel, you can see it on the programming tool. Other things are unknown, though -- we don't know if the TPMS module can send pressure information to the MCU, or if it just sends an alert for a low tire. If it is just alerts, we don't know if it can send which tire is there.

Then, if you rotate tires, it changes which sensor is where. The auto-learning mechanism only knows how to learn which 4 sensors are on the car, not necessarily which tire is which (my Chevy requires you to change pressure of each tire in sequence to tell the computer which wheel is which). All you can do is send feedback to [email protected].