Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh to Morehead City?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heading down on Sunday, coming back Monday late morning/early afternoon. Planning on heading down via 70. Plug share reveals few charging opportunities along the way, save a few Nissan dealers that will probably be less than interested in a MS bellying up to the bar.

There are a couple of local folks with HPWC's or NEMA14-50's in Plugshare. I've never been there before, anyone know of any public L2 charging nearby?

I need to stop by the Service Center Friday or Saturday...Tesla owes me my NEMA5-15 adapter (apparently they ran out before they shipped my car). Not that I'm planning on charging on 120V, but worst-case it beats a dead battery.

Look for an RV park nearby. I used Holiday Travl Park in Emerald Isle last year for an overnight charge, but that's a little far away, probably, for your needs. You should be able to find one closer to Morehead City, like in Beaufort or Atlantic Beach. Make sure you call ahead and ask for 50 amp service, which is RV speak for NEMA 14-50. Option 2 is go a little out of your way and use the Rocky Mount Supercharger with some 110V overnight charging where you're staying.

There are two owners with HPWC's in the area that are on plugshare. I met John who lives on the Cape Carteret side and he was really nice and flexible in letting me charge. I ended up only charging there for about 30 minutes since I was able to find a 110V outlet to charge for a couple of days and just needed the HPWC for a top-off before heading back home.

There are two owners with HPWC's in the area that are on plugshare. I met John who lives on the Cape Carteret side and he was really nice and flexible in letting me charge. I ended up only charging there for about 30 minutes since I was able to find a 110V outlet to charge for a couple of days and just needed the HPWC for a top-off before heading back home.

Thanks Paul, looks like that may be my best bet. I did find John on Plugshare and he does seem pretty accommodating. Really nice of him to do that!