Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Drive Electric Rally: Tuesday April 8, Jacksonville

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
The following EVent may be of interest to folks living in the Northeast region of Florida.

Larry

56.png

CALLING ALL EV ENTHUSIASTS!
If you drive a Volt, LEAF, Tesla or other Electric Vehicle, or are thinking about purchasing one, here's a chance to meet fellow EV owners and tell local officials where we need charging stations.

The Drive Electric Rally will include complimentary refreshments and a home charger giveaway.

Please register in advance for this FREE event!

Tuesday April 8
6-8 PM
Aloft Hotel Tapestry Park
4812 Deer Lake Drive W.
Jacksonville, FL 32246
57.png

Wanda Forrest, Coordinator
904-306-7514

Larry - I've signed up to go & hope I'll be able to get out of the hospital early enough. Although not clear from the flyer, this is sponsored by the N FL Transportation Planning Organization (TPO). Perhaps there might some contacts through them that might help the Supercharger team resolve whatever difficulties were being encountered for a site in North Duval or Nassau counties to fill the gap between St Augustine and Savannah. Do you know if anyone from Tesla has been in touch with the TPO?

Any other N FL Tesla owners planning to attend?

Larry - I've signed up to go & hope I'll be able to get out of the hospital early enough. Although not clear from the flyer, this is sponsored by the N FL Transportation Planning Organization (TPO). Perhaps there might some contacts through them that might help the Supercharger team resolve whatever difficulties were being encountered for a site in North Duval or Nassau counties to fill the gap between St Augustine and Savannah. Do you know if anyone from Tesla has been in touch with the TPO?

Any other N FL Tesla owners planning to attend?

Jeff,

I hope that your hospital stay is nothing serious.

I do not know if Tesla has been in contact with the North Florida Transportation Planning Organizaion.

I know of two others that plan on attending.

Larry

Larry, who would the 2 who plan on attending are?

AFAIK Tesla has no link to this event.
this is not a TESLA event.
it is a TPO event that has invited all BEV owners to attend.

are there any others who are attending? if a tesla will be there I will bring my leaf, please advise

Marc,

Besides yourself Harry Koslowski plans on attending.

I'll forward a current membership list to you in the event you wish to coordinate with nearby members.

Larry

Mark - enjoyed meeting you this evening also. Quite a story!

We have had a very informal group that has met twice - last August and again in November. There were a lot fewer Model S's in NE FL then. So we are due for another get together. You can private message 'Yoda' via this forum, as he took the lead in organizing these, and I'm sure would appreciate the interest (and any help anyone might be able to lend) in arranging another meeting with our expanded ranks. My wife has taken to calling these play-dates for our cars :biggrin:

Jeff