Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla and 60 minutes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
60 minutes is a quality news program that takes their credibility seriously. Look what happened to Laura Logan and the producer of that piece on Benghazi. This should be really good and fair coverage about the company. Options buyers might want to pick up a few calls for the short term :)

I would guess Tesla sales are going to skyrocket after thie airs... It is such a great car.

60 Minutes is not going to want to come across as an infomercial for Tesla Motors, so I would expect them to do balanced reporting and talk about the risks and shortcomings of the company/car (few and far between as we may feel they are). It will still be positive overall, IMO, but I'm cautiously optimistic. Tesla is production constrained for the near term anyway.

60 minutes is a quality news program that takes their credibility seriously. Look what happened to Laura Logan and the producer of that piece on Benghazi. This should be really good and fair coverage about the company. Options buyers might want to pick up a few calls for the short term :)

Ask Audi about 60 Minutes bona fides as a quality news program.

The Best Of TTAC: The Audi 5000 Intended Unintended Acceleration Debacle | The Truth About Cars

Maybe the segment will be positive. I doubt it will be the hatchet job that 60 Minutes did on the Audi 5000. But I wouldn't count on a "newsmagazine" to grasp any sort of technical nuance associated with automotive technology.

60 Minutes has become a huge joke, with absolutely no journalistic integrity remaining. Just look at their NSA story, where they didn't bother to ask any hard questions, and they doted on some NSA employee who could solve a Rubik's Cube quickly. Pathetic.

My bet is that 60 Minutes will do a follow-up of sorts. They did a show in October of 2008 entitled "Can't Afford the Tesla?" In which Elon discussed the yet unnamed Model S that would be less expensive than the Roadster and have swappable batteries.

I'd guess that they'll used Leslie Stahl again and contrast Elon's plans with the ultimate reality of the MS. If I were 60 Minutes, I'd hit all of the points on styling, speed, tech, comfort, and eco-friendliness, but also touch on the controversies. (The photo below is just a picture - it isn't playable).

Can't Afford The Tesla? - 60 Minutes Videos - CBS News

image.jpg