Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Norwegian Teenager Tattoos McDonalds Receipt on Arm.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RobStark

Jul 2, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
600.jpg
mcdonalds-receipt-tattoo.jpg

Stian Ytterdahl tattooed the receipt from his McDonald's visit

The 18-year-old did it as 'punishment' for his success with the ladies

Mr Ytterdahl, thought it was better than the alternative - a Barbie doll

McStupid? Norwegian teen has his McDonald's dinner receipt tattooed on his ARM for a dare... and his dad's locked him out as a result

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-causing-mother-breakdown.html#ixzz2xC4PuPTV

Something positive: At least he’s alive, not permanently injured and not a convicted criminal. Unfortunately that can’t be said about a number of other young men in his generation.

(But I do kind of wonder what kinds of chemicals are in that tattoo ink, and where and by whom that ink is made…)

When he becomes a grandfather, he'll be able to sit down with his grandkids and say "back when I was young, a burger cost only 12 Krone!" and show them his arm.

If that was the only place McDonald's was, I'd be very happy. (his arm, not Norway:wink:)

what a sad tattoo to have.
Something positive: At least he’s alive, not permanently injured and not a convicted criminal. Unfortunately that can’t be said about a number of other young men in his generation.

soon
hope not but his judgment doesn't appear to be very 'good'

Blimey, didn't realise cheeseburgers were so expensive in Norway ..
They're a lot cheaper than other fast food...

A take-away pizza costs about $28 to $50, for instance. Eating at a restaurant is even more expensive. I ate at a Indian place last weekend - and the bill for four people ended up at $400. (Including two bottles of wine and a couple of glasses of beer.)

- - - Updated - - -

I will venture a guess that this particular Norwegian will not get to the point in life where he can afford a Model S.
You might be surprised. A cashier at a grocery store can earn something like $65.000/year here, so even if he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, hard work may put him in a position where he can afford a Model S.

- - - Updated - - -

You might be surprised. A cashier at a grocery store can earn something like $65.000/year here, so even if he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, hard work may put him in a position where he can afford a Model S.

Yeah but the cost of living.

A McDonalds Cheeseburger at $8.33 or $100 per person at an Indian place.

Yearly registration tax on Model S is $3300.

Yeah but the cost of living.

A McDonalds Cheeseburger at $8.33 or $100 per person at an Indian place.

Yearly registration tax on Model S is $3300.
Where?

The yearly cost for a $100k Model S here is (with 25%/$25k downpayment):

- $10.400 in financing (8 year loan, 5% interest, 28% tax deduction on interest)
- $1.300 in insurance (rough estimate)
- $750 in servicing
- $750 in tires
- $500 in electricity
- $100 in annual registration fees

Total: $13.800/year, or $1.150/month.

If you make $65.000/year, that works out to about $4.150/month after taxes. That means that after paying for the Model S, you have $3.000/month to live for. A perfectly okay apartment costs $1.500/month, food costs around $700/month, which leaves $800/month for everything else. That's not 100% comfortable, but certainly workable.

To save up the $25k, you'd have to save $1000 of those future Model S payments per month for two years, and use the remaining $150 on public transportation.

Where?

The yearly cost for a $100k Model S here is (with 25%/$25k downpayment):

- $10.400 in financing (8 year loan, 5% interest, 28% tax deduction on interest)
- $1.300 in insurance (rough estimate)
- $750 in servicing
- $750 in tires
- $500 in electricity
- $100 in annual registration fees

Total: $13.800/year, or $1.150/month.

If you make $65.000/year, that works out to about $4.150/month after taxes. That means that after paying for the Model S, you have $3.000/month to live for. A perfectly okay apartment costs $1.500/month, food costs around $700/month, which leaves $800/month for everything else. That's not 100% comfortable, but certainly workable.

To save up the $25k, you'd have to save $1000 of those future Model S payments per month for two years, and use the remaining $150 on public transportation.

According to Bjorn from Osla Norway,who makes Model S videos for youtube,

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/24575-Bjørn-s-Tesla-Model-S-videos/page12

"Yes, higher weight means higher tax for re-registring. Look at this calc:
Kalkulator: omregistreringsavgift - Tollvesenet

Unfortunately, google translate couldn't make the submit button work. "Personbil" means regular car or a sedan. The tax is 19.6k NOK for a Model S. That's about 3300 USD. Ridiculous if you ask me."

I suppose one can live at a barely acceptable level to drive a $100k car but kinda stupid. Maybe a decision someone that gets a McDondals receipt tattoo would do after all.

"Omregistreringsavgift" is a fee you pay to transfer ownership of a car after the first-time registration. It makes selling/buying used cars expensive, but it has no effect on the cost of owning a car long-term.

The yearly registration fee is around $100.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm certainly not recommending that the guy runs out and buys a Model S, but in 10-20 years, he may well be able to comfortably afford a Model S. The Model S doesn't have a luxury car price here in Norway - pretty much every one can afford one if they work hard and prioritize it.

I remember we had to disuade a 18 yo trainee from buying a Model S on the Norwegian EV forum. He could very very narrowly afford one, because he didn't pay rent in a house his family owned and had saved up around $20k. If he had bought one, he would have used around 70-80% of his income on the car. Of course, he had to have a P85.

IIRC, we talked him out of a P85 and into a 2-3 yo Leaf.