Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 19" tire on tirerack for MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed a "new" tire on tirerack that fits the 19" OEM profile. Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus 245/45R19. It's ratings puts it in the top spot. Highest ratings/ranking for all 19s in this category. Definitely one to consider if needing new 19s to replace those OEM goodyears or michelins. And with a UTQG rating of "700" (I've never seen a tire rated this high), the tread *should* last a very long time.

pirelli01.png

pirelli02.png

pirelli03.png

pirelli04.png

Bear in mind that we are still in the "honeymoon" stages with the tire, so all those responding to our surveys are comparing the Pirelli to what ever they had on the vehicle before (most likely a fairly worn original equipment tire) and most likely have just few thousand miles of use on the tire. Once we get more than one million miles of reported use, the survey results should come down to reality. To get a better picture of what the tire can do, you can look at our test results (see the summary scores below);

pirellip7.jpg

Last edited:
I don't get it why anyone would use an all-season tire. If you never or rarely encounters winter weather, get a proper summer tire. If you live where there is winter weather, you really need one set of summer tires and one set of proper winter tires. All-seasons are just crap.

I don't get it why anyone would use an all-season tire. If you never or rarely encounters winter weather, get a proper summer tire. If you live where there is winter weather, you really need one set of summer tires and one set of proper winter tires. All-seasons are just crap.

Not really. The all season Michelins are perfectly adequate for my needs; I'm not taking my family car anywhere near the limits of adhesion, so I don't need a max performance summer tire, and even this winter the snow here in DC has been mild enough that the Michelins have been perfectly fine.

Summer tires SUCK in rain. I'm not driving around my family on summer tires when it rains 140 days out of the year here. All seasons are better for summer + rain, while admittedly they are not the best for HEAVY SNOW. But I'm not talking about snow here. I'm talking about rain. And for rain, summer tires "are just crap". So when there are tires that are good for summer + rain and good enough to get by in snow, hence the term "All-season", then yes that is exactly the tire I am going to buy.

That's true in Arizona, but if you live where it rains, you'll appreciate all-seasons. Summer tires aren't that great in areas where there is a lot of rain.

I don't get the rain comment. ?
In europe, all cars (except Teslas) are delivered with summer tires. In areas with lots of rain too. We get plenty of rain here in sweden and I've never had a problem with the summer tires in rain.
The car magazines here publishes tire tests every spring and every fall. The all seasons are always the ones which perform worst. Including stopping distance on a wet road.
Or do we just get better tires in europe?

My stock Goodyear 19" have only 15 k on them and tread needing replaced already?? I know I've been stepping on the pedal but wow.... Is this typical?

So suggestions for Florida 19 inch where we have lots of rain? Michelin primacy supposed to have better range ....want longer lasting too.

My stock Goodyear 19" have only 15 k on them and tread needing replaced already?? I know I've been stepping on the pedal but wow.... Is this typical?

So suggestions for Florida 19 inch where we have lots of rain? Michelin primacy supposed to have better range ....want longer lasting too.

I changed mine at 19k and they were pretty bad. I like the Primacy tires I have now but I'm interested to know if these new Cinturato tires will get better or worse range than the Primacy?

I changed mine at 19k and they were pretty bad. I like the Primacy tires I have now but I'm interested to know if these new Cinturato tires will get better or worse range than the Primacy?
I adore the Primacy tires in the rain so far. And the dry.

Very interested in competitor tires tho. Same interest as Mike, even though I hope it'll be a couple years before I need another set of 19s.

tempature

I live in Tennessee where it gets cold on a regular basis but hardly ever snows. Summer tires suck when the road is dry as can be and 35F.

I have no need of two sets of tires here. In the last 15 years I've had to drive in snow where traction matterd less times than I can count on one hand.

But I do have to drive on dry and wet pavement from 100F down to 0F (when it is below 40F the roads are dry 99.9% of the time).

I'm sure there are points far enough north that make sense for two sets of tires, I'm also sure that there are points far enough south where All Season tires wear too fast due to the heat/road temps.

Where I live Winter tires suck, and summer tires suck, I only look at all season tires.

We just got the S85 (P32507) two weeks ago. I had a long chat with the S/C tech about the tires, and the strong camber (2 degrees). This is puts a bit of extra pressure on the inside tread portion. There are camber adjusts on the 21 inch rims but not on the 19's (I like the look of more rubber to wheel ratio). We agreed to watch the wear patterns, and discuss at the first rotation. It is possible to add the camber adjustment bolts on the control arms with the 19 inch configuration. We will see. The Primacy tires are really quiet so I have no complaints. We passed 600 miles today, stay tuned for more. Will be trying the Phoenix to LA and back trip on Superchargers at Easter, about 1000 miles total for the 3 day weekend.

I have these tires in 20" on my MS. I wanted something better than 21s for winter and shoulder seasons, but did not want to go to 19s. I LOVE them and may not go back to summer 21s. Good enough for all but worst winter days, great in rain, less risky with potholes, and reasonably quiet on highway. PS, from tire rack.

No that's not normal. I have 43k miles now on my original OEM goodyears with another 15k in them at least. You have bad alignment. As does everyone else not getting 43k+. I have been very heavy on the pedal too so it has nothing to do with driving style. It's simply bad alignment vs good alignment.

No that's not normal. I have 43k miles now on my original OEM goodyears with another 15k in them at least. You have bad alignment. As does everyone else not getting 43k+. I have been very heavy on the pedal too so it has nothing to do with driving style. It's simply bad alignment vs good alignment.

Not sure about that. I went through my Goodyears in 10k miles! And there was no sign of uneven wear.