Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am now a Tesla owner, and evangelist!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

As of Monday, I am now a happy owner of a 2013 Model S P85+. I "purchased" it here in Austin, Texas (well, officially from Colorado thanks to our ridiculous auto retail laws) and got a loaded dark grey demo model with about 7800 miles on it. )Always love someone else depreciating the car for me...)

I couldn't be more excited about the car and getting to know all of you. So far the car is flawless except for some condensation in the right brake/reverse light assembly, but service is working on that. I'm anxiously awaiting v.5.9 of the firmware so reading up on that.

I had a 2013 Audi A8L that was totaled a month ago tomorrow with only 2800 miles on it. The Audi saved my life and I like that brand, but I thought this was an unbelievable opportunity to do something new and innovative. That is the Tesla - which doesn't have the same luxury as my A8 but more than makes up for it with technology, innovation, performance and just overall rethinking of what automotive travel is and can be.

Glad to be here!

Adam

Treehugger, I got a pretty considerable discount once you took into consideration the $1 for each mile and 1% for each month since manufacture standard "showroom discount." I think the total discount was over $14k.

When you add the federal tax rebate to that ($7500) that make this a very much easier decision. I had not originally considered a "showroom" model but this particular model had made the trip from Austin-Dallas and Austin-Houston several times for events (as well as lots of demo drives, I am sure) and the deal was too good to pass up for a loaded model that before the discount, was a little out of my price range.

Plus, the car was outfitted with new tires two weeks ago. And seeing that the P+ tires are super sticky and about $470 each, that was icing on the cake.

Adam

The condensation in the brake light may be more or less a regular deal. I see water in my tailights every time I wash the car.

This seems to be the only issue Tesla hasn't found a permanent fix for. Has there been any news as to newer cars getting this fixed? I get my Model S in June and hope this is remedied soon. Not really a deal breaker, just an interestingly small tid bit that seems to be real trouble to fix.

Congrats! I'm pretty sure I considered your car back in January when I got mine. It had 6K miles on it at the time. In the end I picked another one that was identical except it didn't have the spoiler. I didn't like the spoiler. :)

I also had the condensation when I picked it up. But after a month here in TX, it dried out. I haven't taken it to the SC for it as I don't think they have a real fix for it yet anyway. Be sure to have your alignment checked. Our cars are just a few VIN numbers apart and my rear alignment was off quite a bit. SC installed the new camber bolts and corrected the toe. Tire wear is looking much better now.

I had the condensation problem in my inventory car. The SC addressed it and it hasn't returned to date.

My theory is that the weather here in Dallas is not humid enough (for long enough) for the condensation to form. We both have inventory cars. Mine spent 6 months in Seattle. Once it was down here the condensation disappeared on its own after about month.