Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rated range on your car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My p85 shows a "standard" full rated range of 236 miles. Is that what you guys see too? Kind of expected it to be a bit higher.

Would you please could confirm if you have your car's charging limit set on 90% or similar, not the full range charge of 265 miles.
Maybe you could attach a "screen shot" of what your charging level is set for.

Is your car new, or (slightly) used?
How many miles are on it?
The charging level can be adjusted for your daily needs, I set mine for 200 miles.

My s85 is 14 months old and has 40,000 miles. It seems to have stabilized at 243 for a max charge. Or at least its seemed to be consistent since Oct. The only ime I saw more than that was when I did a couple of trickle charges to full in Jan. Saw 253 for them but returned to 243 when max charging not long after that.

I'm hoping that what I've heard is true about there being an initial loss but then the battery stabilizes at the new level. So hopefully I won't see anymore loss. Of course though I don't know if this is real loss or calculated loss.

I'll take a shot:

A: Yes 100%

B: No. The car downloads the updates and then asks you if you want to install it. Other than Beta testers we've never actually figured out a pattern other than folks with WiFi connections seemed to get them sooner after the update that included WiFi.

I'll take a shot:

A: Yes 100%

B: No. The car downloads the updates and then asks you if you want to install it. Other than Beta testers we've never actually figured out a pattern other than folks with WiFi connections seemed to get them sooner after the update that included WiFi.

Al got it.
We have two, our 85 has received the update, our 60 has not yet.

I suspect the OP has an Android phone when referencing a "standard" charge vs. "max range" charge. Unlike those with iPhones, those of us with Android still have the old behavior of "standard" vs. "max range" (or at least I do)...

I do have android. In my car though in the am, fully charged to the "local" setting (which was believe is 90%)- it is at 236 miles rated range. Just seems low. I have no desire to see the inflated higher ideal range.

I do have android. In my car though in the am, fully charged to the "local" setting (which was believe is 90%)- it is at 236 miles rated range. Just seems low. I have no desire to see the inflated higher ideal range.

Mine is 240 to the 90% / Standard setting on the replacement battery. It was 228-229 on the original pack after 20,000 miles.