Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post deleting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrComputer

TeslaClubLA President
Jan 29, 2009
Sherman Oaks, CA
I do understand that TMC has the right to moderate as they see fit. But the moderators have said many times that they do no delete posts unless they are "inappropriate". As everyone now knows, there is another Tesla event happening in Long Beach a few weeks after TMC Connect. I have now seen several posts about it in the forums deleted with no reference as to why. In the spirit of open communication it seems inappropriate that the TMC moderators would choose to delete posts about another Tesla fan event. Just as I would hope that this post doesn't get deleted as it is in the correct "site feedback" thread and not inappropriate in nature.

You know, it's always been a pet peeve of mine when journalists or anyone says that the public has a 'right to know' information. Usually we just WANT to know because we're curious. That's why we want to know details of celebrities' lives, etc. That doesn't mean we have a RIGHT to know. Or debate. There is no high road here. There is, however, a TOS. That was signed as part of using the forum.

And I personally have an issue when I see 1) posts from people who have an interest acting innocent and 2) posts from people who have an interest saying 'oh hey, has anyone seen this?'. It's disingenuous.

I resigned last year for a reason. Do you all have a right to know that? Do you really want to hear the whole 'they said she said he said' stuff? Of course you all do. Is it anyone's business? No, not really. I gave the standard 'for personal reasons'.

I see a lot of revisionist history going on. I'm not going to take on another thing, point by point, and debate it. You know why? It's not good for the whole EV industry. Of course they want free publicity using this forum. This forum that we have worked hard to build. Could they contact and ask? Yes. Have they? No. Should we open it to anyone who wants to just use the forum for their own uses? I say no. But at the end of the day, it's up to the owners of the site. And we all signed a very clear TOS giving them that right.

A number of you have received emails about another EV conference taking place this summer in California, implying it is the followup event to last summer's TMC conference.

To clear up any confusion, TMC Connect is TMC's followup to last year. While there are some people from last year involved in the other event, the majority of steering committee members from last year's are involved in TMC Connect. Also TMC specifically stated last year that attendee contact information was not to be used without our permission for any purpose other that last years event.

We would prefer not to discuss further, for legal and other reasons, but mostly because we would like to stay focused on making this an even better event than last year. The focus should be on YOU and not the event organizers, because your interests and enthusiasm were what made it so successful last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.