Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pollution caused by graphite mining in China for litium-ion batteries ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1091060_electric-car-batteries-graphite-and-pollution-in-china

Will the Tesla Motors giga battery factory get its graphite from China, and if so, will it impose high environmental standards or will it use graphite that's mined the highly polluting way it is now ?

In video of a conference the first of februari in Oslo (Elon Musk in Oslo 01.02.2014 - YouTube - can't find the exact question anymore) Elon mentions they plan to write a report in which they prove, with numbers, that we shouldn't be worried about the ecological footprint of the production and usage of a Model S. I'm really looking forward to that: which materials are used in the production of the Model S, how are these materials mined and produced, and how does this whole process compare to the reduction of co2 emission ?

Any news about this?

I cannot find that blog about pollution. EV haters keep teasing me with "coal powered car" and "production related pollution", especially batteries. I try to explain them that batteries last long and are then recycled, far higher chance of an ICE than EV fire and "fuel" for an EV can come from any source, while an ICE car for the life of the car, is stuck with fossil fuel.

I might as well have been educating a gold fish about the benefits of drinking more water.