Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up Model S on Sunday 3/30 - recommended restaurants for lunch near Factory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am picking up my Model S P85 on Sunday at the Telsa factory in Fremont. We are flying in from Orange County to San Jose Airport and trying to decide whether to take a taxi to the factory or rent a car. We have a couple hours to kill between arriving in San Jose and our 2 pm appointment at the factory, is there a decent restaurant within walking distance of the Factory for lunch? Open to any suggestions in the area, even if not in walking distance.

There's not much within walking distance, a few hole in the wall type places across the street. A ten minute drive south gets you into Milpitas/North San Jose where there lots of stuff, including a personal favorite (if you like Thai/Malaysian):

Banana Leaf

It's right down 880 from the factory.

Thanks - Banada Leaf has been recommended to me by several people, will give it a try!

There's not much within walking distance, a few hole in the wall type places across the street. A ten minute drive south gets you into Milpitas/North San Jose where there lots of stuff, including a personal favorite (if you like Thai/Malaysian):

Banana Leaf

It's right down 880 from the factory.

Thanks - this restaurant has been recommended to me by several people outside this forum too so we will definitely try it!

I used to live about 2 miles from the factory. I'm still in the Bay Area. I know a lot of Asian restaurants in that area (Chinese, Japanese,Indian, Malaysian). I also know an authentic oldtime diner (1960-1970's decor, but not remodel, it's the actual diner!) There's even an two different all vegan asian restaurants nearby. Not as much in the Continental Cuisine, except for the restaurant inside the Crown plaza, but PM me what you are looking for and I can give you suggestions.

If you are willing to drive just 15-20 minutes you can hit the Peninsula which has tons of great restaurants of every kind, and Palo Alto is the home of Tesla headquarters, so you could get a picture in front of the factory and corporate if you'd like.

Are you driving back to OC after the factory pickup? If so, how about driving down to San Jose on your way back to the OC and finding something there? you can hit the Gilroy SC afterwards. Heck, you are going to have a full charge (fremont SC is right there to test out your SC capabilities) so why not head into SF? :)

There's another thai restaurant right outside the Tesla factory, if you turn right from the main entrance / exit it's the first light on the right hand side. Perhaps it was called Sala Thai. Anyway, it's about 1/4 mile away from the factory and it was amazing. Saw quite a few Tesla service employees eating there as well.