Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X reservations "around 12,000" within a month or two

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

farzyness

Food lover. Entrepreneur. Did I say food lover?
Aug 8, 2013
Earth
Just wanted to point people to the following thread where discussion takes place regarding the number of reservations for Model X. A supposed Tesla Employee (tagged as employee on Reddit's r/Teslamotors subreddit) says that they'll be near 12,000 reservations within a month or two, but speculates it'll be much higher when they actually have cars out in the wild for people to touch and see in person.

More than 12,000 Tesla Model X Reservations with Deposits : teslamotors

Last edited:
In the tally thread, reservation numbers add up to 12230 as I write. This omits dropouts which is an unknown number. In addition, several people got a signature and general production reservation, but plan to order only one of these.

Do we need links to reports that link to/are based on TMC resources?

...This omits dropouts which is an unknown number.

Tesla rep recently told me that it was his understanding that the reservation numbers were dynamic--- that as people dropped out the numbers would shift and move up (unlike VIN assignment).

I think he's mistaken, however, as my number has not changed since I got it.

Can anyone verify this? I suspect "dropouts" become ghost reservations and the numbers do not shift for everyone, so we really don't have any way of knowing how quickly ours will come up.

Last edited: