Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Needed feature ASAP! Mobile Acees Pin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just went to a steakhouse with some friends, and I didn't drive. There was a Model S that just left as we came out and I casually asked the valet "was that a Tesla?" He answered yes and laughed! I said whats so funny? He said the owner knew his car was NOT in lot of the restaurant while eating by checking his mobile app and came out concerned. When the owner went back inside the valets Googled the Model S and they figured out how to "in the future" TURN OFF MOBILE ACCESS! This feature needs a PIN CODE ASAP!

I will email ownership and I suggest everyone else do the same.

Just went to a steakhouse with some friends, and I didn't drive. There was a Model S that just left as we came out and I casually asked the valet "was that a Tesla?" He answered yes and laughed! I said whats so funny? He said the owner knew his car was NOT in lot of the restaurant while eating by checking his mobile app and came out concerned. When the owner went back inside the valets Googled the Model S and they figured out how to "in the future" TURN OFF MOBILE ACCESS! This feature needs a PIN CODE ASAP!

I will email ownership and I suggest everyone else do the same.
I don't understand this at all. Mobile access requires user ID and password. How was the car "googled"?

If I had my car valet parked, and access was disabled when I checked - and I would watch as it drove away - then I would complain to management and demand they bring my car back to me immediately. Then I would leave never to return.

The only conceivable reason for turning it off is to joyride. Valets should NOT touch any car settings.

If I had my car valet parked, and access was disabled when I checked - and I would watch as it drove away - then I would complain to management and demand they bring my car back to me immediately. Then I would leave never to return.

The only conceivable reason for turning it off is to joyride. Valets should NOT touch any car settings.

Everytime I valet the Model S it stays in front so everyone can gawk. I'd worry if it was ever driven out of view of the front door.

I know Elon talked about valet mode maybe coming in V6.0, but for now, just give us a simple pin code maybe for ALL SETTINGS....

Yeah, I remember that as well and hope it is in 6.0