Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1st 135kW supercharger FOUND in U.S. (NJ)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Per another NJ owner that just sent us this pic (again, can't take credit for this myself), looks like we've just got our first US 135kW supercharger (at least that I know of) . It's not live yet though (thanks for Chris Christie delaying the main power feed hookup) Hamilton Supercharger in NJ:

20140323_135557 (1).jpg

Now the real question is that can those of us with the 'B' packs use it ??? (lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
So this is the new version of the SuperChargers?

Somewhere else it was mentioned that in 3 ~ 4 weeks we should see new SuperChargers in Germany. Wondering if those are 135kW as well. Elon said they would be, so I assume.

However: (400V * 192A) * sqr(3) = 132kW

So in Europe we still won't get 135kW SuperCharging?

Maybe this "gen 2"/135kW is the reason that was keeping Tesla from opening more superchargers in Europe the past months: they were waiting for a new hardware version to be produced. Let's hope there a lot of these in crates on a ship right now ;)

The US has been very slow the last couple of months also, so yes this could be the reason and we may see the number of installations start to increase again.

For reference(and this is done on memory) in the US at the end of 2012: 6 SC stations
Add another 44 in 2013(most in the last month or so): Total: 50
23 more in January 2014 Total: 73
Only 5 in February 2014 Total: 78
Today (23 March 2014) 3 Total: 81

Comparing 120KW and 135KW:

Output current 120KW: 210A
Output current 135KW: 335A

So would that mean if 2 cars hook up, they would charge substantially faster than the older ones? Maybe even no 2 car penalty at all?