Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

West Virginia owners?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know the are a couple of us at least. hoping that someone reads the forums? If you live in the state, just reaching out to say hello and see if there is any interest into any kind of meet up one day like other regions have.

Info on myself, my name is Robbie and I live in Charleston. owner since 8/13. I think this car supports this state in so many ways. one of which is that it supports a move from fossil fuels to electrical power and therefore supports a state industry of coal. thus my license plate says COALPWRD. I'm not a supporter of coal power over cleaner energy but I'm also not nieve enough to believe that a solar electric revolution can happen all at once, and carbon electric is cheap and available.
the state doesn't seem like a commuter state, but it really is. while people don't drive an hour to work due to traffic and expansive suburbs, they do because their families come from rural places. many people I know spend several hundred dollars a week driving from work and back. I think the Tesla would suit so many people here, especially if a pickup could be made.
Also hoping we can link up so that we can at least set up a charging network for each other to be able to travel about as there are limited options in the state.

I have a request of your group to contact Tamarack to ask that they install a 70-80 amp J1772 to make it easier to travel in your state. I have sent a few notes but if they hear from several of us maybe they will do it. I plan to drive my Roadster through the state to Pittsburgh and there are not many charging options. Yet.

I am not from West Virgina, but travel through on 70 / 270 when I travel home from New Jersey to Ohio. I would Love to see I-70 with superchargers to allow a oil free trip. I agree that most of our power does come from coal. It is at the same time is a DOMESTIC resource. Its use does provide needed jobs to the Appalachian area. At the same time keeping money in this country not exporting it to nations that support extreme views. Could we do better? Yes but then you can say that about everything.

This is an old thread, but I thought I would resurrect it to see how many other WV owners or those waiting on delivery are out there. Eastern panhandle (Martinsburg area) here and waiting on Model 3 delivery in Rockville, MD.

Also, if you are in the eastern panhandle, consider attending the upcoming National Drive Electric Week event in Martinsburg scheduled for Sep 15. We're trying to drum up a good EV representation for the area.

Hello

I have a 2016 refresh s75d and live in Harper's Ferry. I'd come to the drive America Martinsburg event but it's the same day as Poolesville, Md. If they could have made it Sunday the 16th I could make it. I think Poolesville is going to make all in this area have low attendance for that Saturday.

This is an old thread, but I thought I would resurrect it to see how many other WV owners or those waiting on delivery are out there. Eastern panhandle (Martinsburg area) here and waiting on Model 3 delivery in Rockville, MD.

Also, if you are in the eastern panhandle, consider attending the upcoming National Drive Electric Week event in Martinsburg scheduled for Sep 15. We're trying to drum up a good EV representation for the area.

Hello

I have a 2016 refresh s75d and live in Harper's Ferry. I'd come to the drive America Martinsburg event but it's the same day as Poolesville, Md. If they could have made it Sunday the 16th I could make it. I think Poolesville is going to make all in this area have low attendance for that Saturday.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. I was at Poolesville last year with my Leaf and wanted to help do something more local this year. Unfortunately, the available date didn't work out the best, but I guess there's always next year and my Model 3 will be here by then!

I have had my long range r/w drive Tesla Model 3 for about a month. I live in Barboursville (Huntington, WV area) and would like to meet other WV Tesla owners.

It would be nice to meet somewhere in central WV, eat lunch, talk about our Teslas, and maybe take a drive similar to the group that traveled part of the Skyline Drive in the fall of 2018.

I am 83 yrs old and am enjoying using the Autopilot to allow me to take long, safe drives without the stress and being tired at end of day.

Bill Sommerville driving Sterling Silver

I have had my long range r/w drive Tesla Model 3 for about a month. I live in Barboursville (Huntington, WV area) and would like to meet other WV Tesla owners.

It would be nice to meet somewhere in central WV, eat lunch, talk about our Teslas, and maybe take a drive similar to the group that traveled part of the Skyline Drive in the fall of 2018.

I am 83 yrs old and am enjoying using the Autopilot to allow me to take long, safe drives without the stress and being tired at end of day.
Bill Sommerville driving Sterling Silver

Hey Bill! I'm on the other side of the state near Martinsburg, but I would up for a meet and drive next spring/summer. Are you familiar with the West Virginia Electric Auto Association out of South Charleston? They have periodic meetings you might be interested in. WVEAA has some Tesla owners including the president, Marty Weirick, who owns a red TM3. WVEAA could probably work with members in that part of the state to organize something and we could spread the word here on TMC and I can reach out to folks in the eastern panhandle. Actually, I'd suggest we make it open to any other EVs that want to participate, but it would likely be mostly Tesla just given the realities of travel with other EVs. Might pick up a Bolt or two and a new Leaf from the Clarksburg/Fairmont area.

Maybe meet somewhere like Stonewall Jackson Resort and drive over to Holly River State Park or something similar? There are destination chargers at Stonewall and it's close to the newish supercharger in Weston and relatively central in the state. Could make a nice spring drive with the red buds and dogwoods in bloom. Just thinking out loud...