Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up from the factory today but.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some minor issues.

Passenger door does not open consistently.
Door handle has a scratch in on it.
Alignment and scratch on the passenger door mirror.
After driving for a while, Air Pressure System Warning.

But it's still an awesome car and service has scheduled to look at these items. Unfortunately, no loaner car, they did offer to pick the car up, but it wouldn't work with my schedule. They wanted to pick up in the late morning. So may drop off on Sunday and hope they can resolve these issues.

Few questions:
- The mirrors are auto-dimming mirrors. Is there away to disable the auto-dimming function? I never liked the dimming mirrors.
- I didn't get the back trunk cover. Does not having that actually make there have more noise/wind/or whatever?

Little bummed, but still drives well. Here's to a long term owner, as I drive my cars till they end.

Russ

Is there another printed manual besides the Model S Quick Guide? I see lots of references to a manual (Not the electronic one on the console). In the checklist by Nick it indicates printed manual. I see references to placing the keyfob on a windshield with low batteries from some manual, but I only got the Model S Quick Guide. Did I not get something or did Tesla stop distributing other documents with the car?

If you log into 'My Tesla' area of their website you should see a documents section that has the manual. Don't know how up to date it is though. They don't have a complete printed manual since the software is changing so rapidly anyway.

Russman, regarding the air pressure warning, at the factory pickup, many cars (including mine) had their tires overinflated. Mine were at 50+ psi when they should have been at 45. I got the warning too on my way home from the factory. Check the pressure and use the Reset TPMS Sensors button in the settings to get rid of it. If that's not the issue, a service center visit is the only option.

Well, I dropped off the car yesterday night and they delivered it back today. The good news is, it was kind of cool to have them deliver the car back at my house. The bad news is, the front passenger door still doesn't open properly. I recorded a video for them. I need to give the car back again. Not the best way I want to start my ownership of my new car. They did replace the door handle and mirror, which had nicks in them. They also determined the front wheels were not being recognized for the TPMS. They said they reprogrammed it again.

Well, I dropped off the car yesterday night and they delivered it back today. The good news is, it was kind of cool to have them deliver the car back at my house. The bad news is, the front passenger door still doesn't open properly. I recorded a video for them. I need to give the car back again. Not the best way I want to start my ownership of my new car. They did replace the door handle and mirror, which had nicks in them. They also determined the front wheels were not being recognized for the TPMS. They said they reprogrammed it again.

Was this a pre-owned car or brand new? I'm surprised how they overlooked some of these things and to have the car back the 2nd time for the same things...........

This was a brand new car, picked up from the factory on Friday 3/21. Turns out the TPMS didn't work after I received the car as well as the handle.

I did get the car back yesterday and it looks like everything is resolved. Everyone was very apologetic about having these issues on a brand new car and having had to be in service twice already. The 2nd handle was replaced, so now I've had 3 handles on this car and the TPMS in one of the tires was replaced. Let's hope I never have to go back to the service center again, moving forward. :)

Good to hear your issues have been addressed. I had a few issues with my car at the start and the Telsa service team was very responsive like they were in your case.

I'm hoping that Tesla service is this good for the MS I plan to buy in a couple of months.... it is over 200 miles to nearest service center... it will be a major pain if I have to make multiple trips to get warranty issues fixed...