Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another benefit of owning a Tesla: exercise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One benefit that I didn't include in my decision process to buying my Model S was the amount of exercise I now get driving it.

In the almost two weeks I've owned it I find myself parking in the furthest corners of the parking lots, away from everyone else, just to give me some sanity that no one is going to open doors into it, push a shopping cart into it, etc. So, I'm getting a lot more exercise walking across parking lots than when I used to always park in the closest spot. :cool:

I'm with you on that one! I'm in the same boat as you, I've always looked for corner spots, curb spots, etc so that I can have a little extra room, but now I drive to the furthest corner of a parking lot instead. Btw, it's nice to have another Vegas Model S on this board.

One benefit that I didn't include in my decision process to buying my Model S was the amount of exercise I now get driving it.

In the almost two weeks I've owned it I find myself parking in the furthest corners of the parking lots, away from everyone else, just to give me some sanity that no one is going to open doors into it, push a shopping cart into it, etc. So, I'm getting a lot more exercise walking across parking lots than when I used to always park in the closest spot. :cool:

I have a similar benefit, since I put my NEMA outlet in my back driveway, which up until this year I didn't bother shoveling...

Every day at the gym I choose a new parking spot far from the door, and almost every day the same Range Rover is parked right next to me, with dozens of empty spaces around. I'm starting to get a little creeped out.

Happened almost every single time I parked my Delorean in a public lot... FAR FAR away from any other car in the lot... and there'd ALWAYS be some asshat who parked next to me. Not one space over, no... RIGHT NEXT TO my car. Without fail.

Well that seems to be the case for me as well :) I on purpose chose a parking spot further away on an essentially empty parking lot at the supermarket in the evening. Only to come back outside to this:

1082593_10152049447721543_1967146694_o.jpg