Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Seat or Pedal adjustment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After years of drooling, I might be close to pulling the trigger on getting a Tesla Roadster. I have one major concern, though. I am a 5'0" tall woman, and I when I have driven roadsters, I have had a hard time being able to depress the accelerator all the way. I have the seat pulled as far forward as it can go, and it is right at the edge of what I can reach. Has anyone else run into this issue, and is there anything that I can do about it? Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated.

After years of drooling, I might be close to pulling the trigger on getting a Tesla Roadster. I have one major concern, though. I am a 5'0" tall woman, and I when I have driven roadsters, I have had a hard time being able to depress the accelerator all the way. I have the seat pulled as far forward as it can go, and it is right at the edge of what I can reach. Has anyone else run into this issue, and is there anything that I can do about it? Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated.

It should be possible to have the seat runner adjusted / modified so that the seat is a bit further forward.

Oddly enough I had the opposite problem when considering a purchase years ago .. and had to ensure that the seat would go as as far back against the bulkhead as possible.

I've seen rubber pedal extenders like dhrivnak mentioned for sale with different heights but I can't remember where I saw them. If you search I'm sure you can find them. With the seat all the way forward, is the steering wheel close enough? You might want to consider PV4EV's solution to get the right steering wheel distance, and then use the pedal blocks to get the pedal adjustment correct. You might be one of the few Roadster owners who actually uses the driver's side sun visor! Good luck and welcome to TMC!

When you said, "when I have driven roadsters", did you mean, other roadsters (2-seater convertibles) or did you mean specifically Tesla Roadsters?

I ask because, I'm 5'3" and I do not have the seat all the way front. It has the best driving position of any car I've ever owned and ironically the seat only goes forward/backward versus the Mercedes SL500 I had that had a 13-way power adjust that I didn't seem to be able to find the perfect position.

I ask because, I'm 5'3" and I do not have the seat all the way front. It has the best driving position of any car I've ever owned

Height isn't the only factor. People who are the same height can have very different torso and leg lengths. (On average men tend to have longer torsos, and women tend to have longer legs, but individual variation is probably greater.)

I'm only 5'10" but I'm kinda too "tall" for the Roadster. I can't read the speedometer and had to remove the sun visor so I could see out. If I am wearing a helmet (for autocross/track) I have to use the soft top; it won't really fit under the hard top.