Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Senate panel approved a bill giving Tesla an exemption from dealer network?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uh, yeah, just like how Fisker dealers really stepped up when that company went under. Not.

Well, Wilmington, Delaware's old GM plant was to be home of the Atlantis mass production and the large conglomerate auto dealership (own franchises for BMW, Volvo, GM, and Jag) became the dealer for Fisker. My wife and I test drove one before we even knew about Tesla. It was at the time when everyone knew they were going under and the price was cut 30K.
I asked the sales person about warranty work given Fisker's financial situation and he shrugged and said they (the dealership) were responsible for service work for 5 years but conceded that they were not sure they would have access to parts....Great!

Long of the story: I went home, googled 'electric cars'. Found the model S. Closest facility to see and test drive at the time...2+ hours away in Washington, DC.. Test drove it. Immediately ordered one and bought stock.

They argue that Tesla wants to operate outside the normal rules and that could leave consumers in the lurch if the company goes belly-up.
Uh, yeah, just like how Fisker dealers really stepped up when that company went under. Not.

My first thought, too. Second thought: Limiting Tesla to sell through franchises only would be safest way to make Tesla go belly-up. So there.