Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android Wear: Hopefully Tesla Supports

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AnOutsider

S532 # XS27
Apr 3, 2009
Google announced their Android Wear platform for smartwatches:

Google reveals Android Wear, an operating system for smartwatches | The Verge

Since Tesla already has an Android App, and are somewhat close with Google, here's hoping they'll bring some sort of interface to the watches. Glancing down and/or using a watch is a much smoother experience than whipping out your smartphone, loading the app etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since Tesla already has an Android App, and are somewhat close with Google, here's hoping they'll bring some sort of interface to the watches. Glancing down and/or using a watch is a much smoother experience than whipping out your smartphone, loading the app etc.

It would be nice... but given that they haven't updated the Android app to even support the charging slider that went into the iOS app months ago I'm not sure if we'll see an official app show up on Android Wear.

I thought smart watches are, well, pretty much dead. :confused:

It seems there's no killer app for a smart watch. Telling time is big one, but... you don't need a smart watch to tell you that.

People don't want to "wear" technology that is obviously technology. Oculus Rift anyone? eesh. Google Glass is dead.

RIP

I thought smart watches are, well, pretty much dead. :confused:

It seems there's no killer app for a smart watch. Telling time is big one, but... you don't need a smart watch to tell you that.

People don't want to "wear" technology that is obviously technology. Oculus Rift anyone? eesh. Google Glass is dead.

RIP

I agree, but items like the Moto 360 will continue to take off IMHO. If wear technology is to expand, it has to look like every day items. This is one reason I own and enjoy my Moto 360. It is not that it does anything "killer", but it is very stylish and gives me quick access to notifications. It is not a needed device, but I miss it on days I do not wear it.

After seeing the Hyundai Android Wear app, I'm very jealous. I hope Tesla follows suit.