Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ron Jon Resort Charging Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Chas F

Model S 60kWh #P6396
Aug 22, 2012
Orlando, FL
My family and I will stay at the Ron Jon Resort (Cape Canaveral) next week for Spring Break (traveling from Orlando) and have not found any viable charging options during our stay there. This area almost seems to be a dead zone for EV charging. Nothing shows on Chargepoint or Plugshare but a nearby Nissan dealership that doesn't allow non-Leaf charging. The resort doesn't offer any charging options either.
The trip over and back is not a big deal but staying there for several days without charging will push the limits. Any suggestions for that area?

Last edited:
My family and I will stay at the Ron Jon Resort (Cape Canaveral) next week for Spring Break (traveling from Orlando) and have not found any viable charging options during our stay there. This area almost seems to be a dead zone for EV charging. Nothing shows on Chargepoint or Plugshare but a nearby Nissan dealership that doesn't allow non-Leaf charging. The resort doesn't offer any charging options either.
The trip over and back is not a big deal but staying there for several days without charging will push the limits. Any suggestions for that area?

Chas,

i see you are a member of the Florida Tesla Enthusiasts group. Check out Larry Chanin's list of member chargers. I think you will see a club member at Merritt Island.

See? Your $12 annual dues officially pay off...............

Chas,

i see you are a member of the Florida Tesla Enthusiasts group. Check out Larry Chanin's list of member chargers. I think you will see a club member at Merritt Island.

See? Your $12 annual dues officially pay off...............

Thanks Steve for the plug. :smile:

Charles,

If you would like to join the Club Charging Network and share your home charging source with other participating traveling members, please contact me at [email protected].

Regards,

Larry