Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New user Intro and a Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Jeremy here from Toronto. I ordered my P85 and am expecting delivery on April 22 approx. Very much looking forward to it!

When perusing through the form threads and looking back a few years, it's clear that Tesla drivers were getting lots of attention from the public - people commenting on the cars, thumbs ups, people approaching with questions etc. I've noticed a theme of California Tesla drivers not getting the same attention as the Model S is more commonly seen out there. My question is, now that we've hit the first quarter of 2014, are people noticing a decrease in attention over their Teslas in different areas like California had seen now that Model Ss are being increasingly seen? I'm wondering whether that sensationalized image still holds at this point.

All comments welcome! :)

Jeremy

I live in Northern CA and think Tesla attention is actually somewhat growing. I'd guess still less than1/2 of people around here have even heard of Tesla at all.
Last year it seemed like 1/5 of people knew something about Tesla, maybe the Roadster or that the company had 'gone bankrupt' (...?)

@ Autocross this weekend there were quite a few kids that had never seen one

- - - Updated - - -

In Silicon Valley you won't get noticed. Heck, even other Model S owners have stopped nodding. Once in a while someone stops you in the parking lot for a quick chat, but that's it.

I try and wave when I'm down there

"Big three" rural country here... plenty of interest, still find people standing around it when I return from the store, etc. During the winter, people pay less attention because road salt turns every car into a nasty looking gray color and they're just interested in getting warm again.

In Silicon Valley you won't get noticed. Heck, even other Model S owners have stopped nodding. Once in a while someone stops you in the parking lot for a quick chat, but that's it.
Natural as the cars get more numerous. Travel on the east coast and every time I charge at supercharges someone approaches me with questions about the car. I doubt most buy the car for others appreciation but our own appreciation of how it drives. After 14 months I am still in love with driving it