Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Know of a Hotel with a plug near Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I'm taking my S up to the Aberdeen Proving Ground area in Maryland a week from Monday for work and I was curious if anyone here knows of an EV-friendly hotel with a plug in the area?

Yes, I know the Newark supercharger is 40 miles away, and I know of the level 2 charging listed on Plugshare. Just looking to see if there's something a little more convenient. (And if I don't get any input here--yes, I'll start calling local hotels :).

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Glad you found a hotel willing to let you plug in. I'm also curious if you encountered any hotels that said no. Sadly, there is still a serious lack of EV-friendliness info for most hotels. (Let alone EV-friendly hotels.)

Glad you found a hotel willing to let you plug in. I'm also curious if you encountered any hotels that said no. Sadly, there is still a serious lack of EV-friendliness info for most hotels. (Let alone EV-friendly hotels.)

Hampton Inn was the first place I checked (I have yet to stay in a bad Hampton Inn) and so didn't encounter any 'no' responses. Having said that, they said I was the first person to ever ask them. I wouldn't call it EV-friendly--but they DID let me plug in, so I guess that's a good thing.

Turns out I have to park on the side of the hotel on the side of the road (not in a parking spot) which isn't ideal, but it's better than nothing!

I still wouldn't have had major issues making this trip if I couldn't charge here. There are a few Level 2 chargers around--but they would be a little more inconvenient, as I'd have to plan to go there and stop for awhile to fill up.

I love driving 500 miles for business, getting reimbursed 48 cents a mile, and not paying a cent for fuel :).

To close this out, the Hampton Inn in Edgewood, MD has 110V plugs accessible and they've been letting me charge each night while I'm here.

I'm traveling to APG next week so a big thanks to you for posting this up. I will give them a call to arrange for my stay.

All other places I have called so far have said no to charging.

I got a call back from the Hilton Garden Inn and they are also EV friendly. They let me know that I could plug into any available out door outlet by a spot.

Last edited:
I'm traveling to APG next week so a big thanks to you for posting this up. I will give them a call to arrange for my stay.

All other places I have called so far have said no to charging.

I got a call back from the Hilton Garden Inn and they are also EV friendly. They let me know that I could plug into any available out door outlet by a spot.

If you stay at the Hampton Inn, there's an outlet in a parking spot by the front door, but it's usually full. There are two 110V outlets on the side of the building (left side when looking at the front) which I used.