Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spring Hawaii Tesla Meet-Up - ideas anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been awhile since we've all gotten together and i'm sure there's a bunch of new owners out there we'd love to meet...Am throwing it out there for an April or May meeting..maybe on a Saturday this time?

Was thinking we meet for lunch somewhere then whoever wants to go for a drive can join in...

Any date preferences? We can figure out the meetup location details later.

Count me in. I can do any time in any month. If you are counting votes, put my vote where it will do the most good.

I am going to save creating more confusion. I won't chime in and tell you each time a date is proposed, because any date is okay with me.

Okay, this is a heads up. We "oldies", would like to see Honolulu MS, Wolfie and HI96817 that have all recently got their cars to come show off their cars for us !! Please...

Last edited:
I am gone the first week of April. April 19 looks good. How about the Windward side since we have been meeting on the Leeward side? I want to come for this one. Sorry that I missed the last one.

Another option is to start at the SC.

I thought about meeting about the SC, but wasn't sure if it was too far for the townies :p

Would be great to see it since it's all fixed up now. Maybe do a Windward to Waipahu drive :)

Meeting at the SC is a good idea and a not so good idea. :)
1. Townies could get a little juice at the outside HPWC that is open for our use. The earlier they get there, the more time they would have before they "handed it off" to the next one that could use a shot.
2. The SC is usually closed on Sat and Sun. They might consider opening for us if it was assured that we would like them to open. Maybe they would enjoy giving us a formal "laid back" tour.

Comments?

It's been awhile since we've all gotten together and i'm sure there's a bunch of new owners out there we'd love to meet...Am throwing it out there for an April or May meeting..maybe on a Saturday this time?

Was thinking we meet for lunch somewhere then whoever wants to go for a drive can join in...

Any date preferences? We can figure out the meetup location details later.

I was thinking we could all meet either in Las Vegas or Disneyworld in FL:biggrin:

Well make up you mind!. If we are going to go to Disneyworld, I need to know by the end of next week to get started. Its that drive off the end of the pier on Big Island that is going to hurt the most.

Maybe we should wait for firmware 6.0 so we can leave the suspension on high?

Well make up you mind!. If we are going to go to Disneyworld, I need to know by the end of next week to get started. Its that drive off the end of the pier on Big Island that is going to hurt the most.

Maybe we should wait for firmware 6.0 so we can leave the suspension on high?

Dang it, I didn't get the hydrofoil enhancement yet. Oh, well, I guess I have to rely on the retrofit for the submarine travel, like Elon Musk's 007 submarine car. When I get a chance, I will post the pictures.

+1 for the SC meet-up, or having the SC be a starting point at least. I would love to see the improvements they made and been putting off making an appointment to get my tires rotated and catch up on service bulletins. April and May are busy for me, and weekends are a must. I have a volunteer event on May 3rd in the AM at the Hawaii Foodbank, but PM is open!

Nanimac - Thanks for putting out the call!

PS - The foodbank is a great volunteer event for a semi-large group (20+) looking for something to do for a half day event. They always are looking for helpers to sort and pack and its a great cause.

How's May 3rd afternoon for everyone? I'm going to talk to Barry to see if we could meet at the SC and take a quick tour. Then maybe head to town for Pau Hana.

i like gmtom's idea of doing a charitable event. The Toys for Tots car show that Weazl got us into last year was a good one. I think if we can get more people to join us, we can have one meetup a year to do some charity work.

How's May 3rd afternoon for everyone? I'm going to talk to Barry to see if we could meet at the SC and take a quick tour. Then maybe head to town for Pau Hana.

i like gmtom's idea of doing a charitable event. The Toys for Tots car show that Weazl got us into last year was a good one. I think if we can get more people to join us, we can have one meetup a year to do some charity work.

Sounds good to me!

This works for me. I do like the charity part. Maybe we should advertise this. It would certainly make the SC look good, too.

Definitely in barring no work conflict. I've been a long term supporter of the Make-A-Wish foundation and have met and helped in the wish-come-true of several children. They have events and fundraisers throughout the year, although I'm not sure how we could fit in, I'd be willing to take the idea to them in the group feels this is an avenue worth pursuing.

just dropped off my car...ended up getting a loaner since they're going to do some other fixes and am getting my car "tanked" too :)

Talked to Barry about a meet-up at the SC and he's going to refer me to the sales lady there...says they are thinking of doing workshops for owners/potential owners..so that might be something we do..

Told him we're looking at a May meet-up so timing might be right...will keep you posted....

just dropped off my car...ended up getting a loaner since they're going to do some other fixes and am getting my car "tanked" too :)

Talked to Barry about a meet-up at the SC and he's going to refer me to the sales lady there...says they are thinking of doing workshops for owners/potential owners..so that might be something we do..

Told him we're looking at a May meet-up so timing might be right...will keep you posted....

Thanks Nan, looking forward to seeing what the SC comes up with!