Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good News and Bad News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was scheduled to pick up my white P85 this coming Monday (3/17). I spoke with Tesla today to confirm the appointment and it turns out I can actually pick it up tomorrow! Awesome!

I'll be trading in my 2013 Chevy Volt, and since I no longer have the whole weekend to get it ready I went to get a final car wash tonight. As I was about to start pressing buttons on the machine where you chose your wash the gentleman behind me's foot slipped off the brake and he rear-ended me. It was a very small collision so no one was hurt and there are no holes, cracks, or dents in either bumper. However my bumper does have some minor scuffing. Can't wait to see how this affects the number I was given for my trade-in value tomorrow. :p

Based on your description I suspect it will not make any difference at all. The trade-in values likely already price in significant detailing costs. That has been my experience and why trade-ins are seemingly such low-ball prices.
My wife's car had a bunch of minor scuffs and light scratches I knew would come out in a detail. I shopped it around to CarMax and the like to see what they'd offer. Unimpressed, I detailed it myself and fixed the paint up nice. All the trade-in offers were 10-20% higher. That said, I still nearly got about 50% more than the highest trade-in offer by selling private party.