Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price changes after confirmation and reservation payment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere before but a search didn't find any useful posts. So apologies in that case.

If there is a price change after confirmation and reservation payment, will I be able to get the new price if it's lowered? Or am I fixed at the price at time of confirmation?
I assume I won't be forced to take a price increase right?
What if new options are made available before it goes into production. Can those be added? To the new price I assume?
Thanks!

The way they have worked it in the past is:

Once confirmed the price is locked in.

You can add new items, but then the entire car goes with the new price.

There hasn't ever been a price reduction before, so this is new ground.

I currently have exactly this discussion with Tesla. The price of my order, which has not been produced yet, is lowered by EUR 5,250 (approx. USD 7,300). Currently it is for me cheaper to cancel my order, take the downpayment penalty, and place a new order to save EUR 3,250! As this is ridiculous i'm looking for a solution with them, let's see what happens....

@Anco,

many Swiss reservation holder found themselves in a similar situation with the recent price drop in many European countries. Some confronted Tesla with the very same alternatives and got their orders converted to the new prices.

Volker: Do you know if that was handled locally in Switzerland or if it was handled by Tesla Europe (or even through the HQ)?
If it was at least on the european level, one might think that the same could possibly apply to other countries as well.

Reservation holders contacted the Tesla Store in Zurich. They were told by the staff that they had to wait for decisions being made. IIRC no disclosure if these were made by EU or by HQ.

It appears to me that a rule was set up entitling Zurich (and only Zurich) local store managers to act on behalf of the customers.

Here is the full thread in German: TFF Forum Thema anzeigen - Angepasste Preisstruktur für das MS in der Schweiz