Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using Latch hurt leather ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone concerned about using the rear seat latch system and hurting the leather in the process? The buckle gets jammed in there but can't tell if it's hurting the leather or underlying cushion.

I haven't had any issues with LATCH and seat leather after 16 months, but it may be the particular model you use. I have the Diono Radian RXT and use it in the middle. The buckles on the Diono are long and narrow compared to the Graco and Britax models I've had before.

Only thing I'm concerned about long term is the seat foam compression / leather stretching from where the seat is located, but that's an issue I've had in every vehicle (4 boys, so lots of experience :) ).

Interesting. To address your specific concern, I'm using one of the Diono mats underneath the seat base to prevent those issues :)

Also re using the middle seat, does that mean you only use one latch?

I have only one LATCH seat, so I use the two inner LATCH hooks and none of the outer ones. My kids are 13, 7, 5, and 1. The 7 & 5 year old use the rear seats.