Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Re: Forum Rules

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The moderators have found that whenever politics or religion pop up in a thread it very quickly devolves into name-calling.

My approach is to leave it be (unless already egregiously snippy) and keep an eye on it until the name-calling starts. Usually it just takes 2-3 posts.

On one occasion it ran to a couple of pages before the nastiness started. When I moved the offending posts to snippiness and requested that people stop misbehaving, they continued misbehaving anyway. So at that point I had no choice but to excise the entire discussion. This is unfortunate, but apparently people just can't help themselves.

Last edited:
Right now there isn’t anything about politics or religion in the forum rules…

Actually, there is. The Forum Rules link directly right after the intro to detailed Terms of Service where it is stated:

TeslaMotorsClub.com is not the place for debate on religion, sex, politics, or other such controversial posts not directly related to issues having to do with electric cars; and this is not the place to talk about illegal downloads or how to obtain them. There are several forums on the Internet dedicated for discussing this type of material. This is not one of them.

TeslaMotorsClub.com is not the place for debate on religion, sex, politics, or other such controversial posts not directly related to issues having to do with electric cars; and this is not the place to talk about illegal downloads or how to obtain them. There are several forums on the Internet dedicated for discussing this type of material. This is not one of them.
"Arriving from a church event to meet us for dinner, his wife would not stop ranting about Christie, New Jersey and some electric car drama. Really killed the mood we had going at Chateau Romantique."