Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All 500 NJ Tesla owners and anyone from the N East to Maryland need to rally to NJ!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there Allantic Group what anything being planned to protest the recent decision in NJ? We won't put up with what is going on and this is our time to show that we disagree with the recent decision regarding Tesla sales in NJ. several of us New England based Tesla colleagues have discussed a groundswell opportunity to rally all willing participants to decend on the NJ state house, Chris Christies house, Jim Appletons house, the NJ Car organization and demand they talk with us. Perhaps we could take a few legislators for a ride, that seemed to work in a positive way in Massachusetts. The time is now to make a statement in numbers, we need a date, and a plan and make it happen. Is there are thread out there on this? Lets do it!

Good thing Obama won reelection. I voted for Romney. Could you imagine if Romney would have the election. We would have a Republican President who is for Big Oil, Anti-Green Technology. Look what happens when you have a Republican Governor like Christie. You get all these anti green laws like in NJ!

Good thing Obama won reelection. I voted for Romney. Could you imagine if Romney would have the election. We would have a Republican President who is for Big Oil, Anti-Green Technology. Look what happens when you have a Republican Governor like Christie. You get all these anti green laws like in NJ!

NONSENSE!! it's not about Dem or rep or green vs non-green, it's about breaking the good-old-boys dealer network and greed. Go Tesla! If it's passed, the only people who will be hurt are New Jersians..........but buyers will still find a way to get their cars. This is another reason why I haves many friends here in Nevada who have moved out of New Jersey.

Not true , Republicans are for Big Oil. On that point I disagree with them. I am Democrat because I live in NYC and if you are not a Democrat in NYC you don't vote because everybody is Democrat. But I agree with Republicans on most issues except for Big Oil. If we do not do something about the smog problems in our Big Cities in America we are doomed. We won't last 10 more years with this problem. Look at the health problems we currently have in Big Cities where 60% of the US population lives. The high rate of lung cancer, other cancers etc. is very high in the Big Cities compared to rural America.

Not true , Republicans are for Big Oil. On that point I disagree with them. I am Democrat because I live in NYC and if you are not a Democrat in NYC you don't vote because everybody is Democrat. But I agree with Republicans on most issues except for Big Oil. If we do not do something about the smog problems in our Big Cities in America we are doomed. We won't last 10 more years with this problem. Look at the health problems we currently have in Big Cities where 60% of the US population lives. The high rate of lung cancer, other cancers etc. is very high in the Big Cities compared to rural America.
do yourself a favor, cease your posting this type of stuff, it is nonsense.

Guys,

…/ Politics really doesn't work on an EV forum, so we created this thread for quarantining those discussions without judgement on who's right or wrong.

If anyone feels they really need to discuss this type of stuff, you can always take it off-line.

[From: Politics - Quarantine Thread (Post #10)]

Edit: And now I know where to find the actual paragraph in the Forum Rules... :rolleyes:

.../ The Forum Rules link directly right after the intro to detailed Terms of Service where it is stated:

TeslaMotorsClub.com is not the place for debate on religion, sex, politics, or other such controversial posts not directly related to issues having to do with electric cars; and this is not the place to talk about illegal downloads or how to obtain them. There are several forums on the Internet dedicated for discussing this type of material. This is not one of them. [My underline.]

Last edited:
Worst experience of my life was trying to buy a Caravan from a dealer. After 12 hours, a drive, and walking away, i finally got back to the MSRP, i felt slimed. The next three cars i bought were over the internet. One from california private party, one from a Texas dealer over the internet, car shipped to seattle, and the last from a dealer in Arizona via the internet, picked up in Arizona. Buying the Tesla was equally easy via the internet. But not to be able to pick it up in my home state and get the available discounts would have been a nuisance. I agree that it should be a free market. We buy cars over the internet all over the world. Dealers are often more trouble than they are worth, unless there's a lemon law issue, which Tesla clearly CARES about their product, so doesn't apply.

1. Many would argue Christie is a questionable entry in the Republican ranks generally.
2. Must every thread be veered into politics? Stay on topic please.

Politics aside, can't Tesla just "convert" the two NJ stores to "Galleries", and still sell direct to consumers? In Virginia that's what Tesla does, and it hasn't slowed down the demand. You buy the car online and have it delivered to the Service Center (currently in Rockville MD), and you get temp California tags until your Virginia plates show up. No fuss, no muss.

States cannot regulate internet purchases, so NJ resident's will just purchase the car online and have it delivered to a Tesla Service Center either in NJ or a neighboring state. not sure what all the hubub is about...

All 500 NJ Tesla owners and anyone from the N East to Maryland need to rally ...

Politics aside, can't Tesla just "convert" the two NJ stores to "Galleries", and still sell direct to consumers? In Virginia that's what Tesla does, and it hasn't slowed down the demand. You buy the car online and have it delivered to the Service Center (currently in Rockville MD), and you get temp California tags until your Virginia plates show up. No fuss, no muss.

States cannot regulate internet purchases, so NJ resident's will just purchase the car online and have it delivered to a Tesla Service Center either in NJ or a neighboring state. not sure what all the hubub is about...
The hubub is about this - the dealers begin to do this by executive action or legislation in more and more states and soon there are only 15 states where you can buy a Tesla. Then, it becomes a huge hassle where you may have to drive 500 miles to pick up your car.

not sure what all the hubub is about...

Sometimes it's best to not sweat the small things and sometimes the devil is in the details. Currently, and specifically because NJ is small both in its size and number of Model S's sold and because it's surrounded by other states that allow Tesla sales, it's not that big of a deal to buy a Model S. Indeed, this kind of roadblocking, can and often does, makes people more determined. On the other hand, if NJCAR gets away with this then it encourages other dealership groups, advocates and lobbyists in other states to pull the same stunt. Soon what wasn't much hubbub becomes a lot of hubbub as Model X and then Gen III come to market and are sold in bigger states.

This is a big picture moment, that's why the hubbub.

Currently, and specifically because NJ is small both in its size and number of Model S's sold
Not sure why people say this. NJ seems to be one of the largest markets in the US per this map. Elon Musk posted it on his twitter page.
8ehy5u3y.jpg

Not sure why people say this. NJ seems to be one of the largest markets in the US per this map. Elon Musk posted it on his twitter page.
regardless of what some people think about the size of the market for teslas in NJ the facts are that people in NJ are some of the most wealthy in all of the states and NJ the highest population density in the US. both are highly prized attributes for someone trying to market a product

This has nothing to do with it being an electric vehicle. If a new manufacturer of a gasoline powered vehicle tried to sell direct to the public there would be the exact same reaction by the auto dealers cartel, and the same response by the politicians the auto dealers have paid protection money to (excuse me, I mean given campaign contributions to) for many years.

8ehy5u3y.jpg

First, which end of the scale does NJ land on...the 500 end or the 1,299 end? Next, what were total car sales (all others) for that same period in that state compared to the other states that are in that range? And how does that relate to overall population? Car buying age? Income/wealth disbursement? How many of those sales were back log? How many were not back log? Compared to the other states that fall within range? What is the order rate from the NJ stores? Compared to the other states in that range? Etc...