Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X: Personalized Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received my new Model X personalized plates today. Yes, there is no car yet, but I wanted to reserve the plates. Here's hoping the car won't be too long a wait.
Hopefully other MX soon-to-be owners will post their upcoming plates here as well.
Ron
SigX #1015

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,315
Mike, how did you do this? I understood in Utah that plates couldn't be moved from one car to another. Did I misunderstand? Also, great plates!

Haven't actually done anything yet. When one went "missing":wink:, I ordered a replacement set so now I have 3; 2 on truck, one on wall. As far as switching cars, you can't change-over mid reg, but since you re-reg every year, you can then. Problem is the timing needs to be right if you are keeping the first car. I have a year to work out the details. Coincidentally, the truck reg is up this month so it'll be close, I hope.

Al, it is my understanding that THIS thread would be for X-themed plates. So far, so good. 8 posts vs. like 100 pages !

Al, it is my understanding that THIS thread would be for X-themed plates. So far, so good. 8 posts vs. like 100 pages !

K. Just noticed this is the Model X thread. Personalize on! :smile:

Pfffyt. Those are S plates. These are X plates. Next you'll want Roadster owners to post in the Model S thread, too!:)

OMG , no! I've spent years reading Roadster posts and wondering why I knew so little about my car before realizing it.:smile: Maybe a re-title for inattentive retired types:
"Personalized Model X Plates?"

"Pfffyt?"

When I started this thread, I figured since it was in the Model X forum, and the fact that it started with a picture of my "XERO CO2" plate (zero with an X), that would get the idea across. We soon-to-be Model X owners are in a class by ourselves.

The really sad thing about my plate is that, in California, new plates have to be assigned to a vehicle, so these have to go on my ranch truck until the MX arrives. My truck is anything but "XERO CO2".

Ron - I thought plates had to be assigned also. But when I went to pick up my plates from California DMV, the woman at the counter told me that wasn't true. I paid for my plates & when I have my X, I'll bring in the registration info and get it all linked together. In the meantime, the plates sit in my office.

No, I posted them somewhere before. They're not specific to the X, but to EVs in general.

My Roadster plate and my X plate (I wanted 'DISRUPT' but that was taken):

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-05 at 11.55.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-04-05 at 11.55.14 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 517
  • dsrpt ev.JPG
    dsrpt ev.JPG
    355.7 KB · Views: 518
Ron - I thought plates had to be assigned also. But when I went to pick up my plates from California DMV, the woman at the counter told me that wasn't true. I paid for my plates & when I have my X, I'll bring in the registration info and get it all linked together. In the meantime, the plates sit in my office.

Yes, you can ask for the plates to be held at the DMV beyond the initial 30 days. For how long beyond is kind of unclear. It's best to go to the DMV in person and ask for the extension. The staff there may be a factor too; I've had one instance when the lady there insisted that I assign them to a car rightaway when on a different occasion, the nice(r) lady put a post-it note on my plates indicating a rough ETA for assignment - the plates stayed at the DMV on this latter occasion.