Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Chat Room?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So there have been plenty of times where I have had questions that could be answered quicker and cause less clutter on the board if I could pop into a chat room on TMC. Would it be possible to do a chat room on TMC? This could be used to talk about short term TSLA stock too or whatever we wanted. As well it may divert people with small questions that can't find it via search to the chat instead.

Thoughts?

The main problem with a chat room is that if you're asking questions, the responses are limited to those who are on line at the time--and interested in chatting. A question/answers FAQ/wiki or better searching capabilities would be better.

I don't know. I feel like we are all on this site 24/7 anyway. Chilling in a chat room could also be a fun alternative for the community to talk about EV's in general and would bring down the content in the forum.

I don't know that you necessarily have to monitor a chat room 24/7 to be honest. People can leave a chat room if it gets too snippy.

#Tesla on FreeNode

KillerByte (MTOman on TMC) was apparently the only one there until I showed up. Now it's the two of us plus a couple hopeful future owners. More Tesla fans and owners would be great. However, it's not associated with TMC or any other community beyond the fact that a couple active members are there. IMHO, the casual and instant nature of IRC adds a lot to the sense of community.