Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlotte, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Fort Mill, SC, but work in the university area of Charlotte. Based on my research and looking at the map zoomed in on my phone, it looks like it will be on 85 near concord mills mall (that has lots to offer for food and so on.

I will keep an eye out for things as we move through out the year.

With that said I'm on plugshare, and i have a NEMA 14 - 50 at my townhouse, so anyone is welcome to stop by for a charge if they need it while passing through. There is a Bar/Grill across the street from my house with good food to pass the time.

I don't believe I ever said thank you for your offer, but we had to do the trip in our ICE vehicle. At least we took the one that gets 30 mpg on the highway (and it's 12 years old.) But next year's trip will definitely be in an S or maybe even an X if we're lucky.

I live in Fort Mill, SC, but work in the university area of Charlotte. Based on my research and looking at the map zoomed in on my phone, it looks like it will be on 85 near concord mills mall (that has lots to offer for food and so on.

I will keep an eye out for things as we move through out the year.

With that said I'm on plugshare, and i have a NEMA 14 - 50 at my townhouse, so anyone is welcome to stop by for a charge if they need it while passing through. There is a Bar/Grill across the street from my house with good food to pass the time.

Honestly, I think the stations will target the more affluent parts of town (not knocking University Place).
My two best guesses are:
The brand new Premium Outlets Outlets Blvd - Google Maps
The NorthLake Mall Google Maps

Both places have (or will have shortly) restaurants and other shopping and also will target areas of town where folks can afford the Tesla!

I started poking around Google Maps and "The Shoppes At University Place" - Google Maps near UNC Charlotte looks like a really good location. Cottonwood, the Magnificent has a really good feeling about this location...

Any thoughts from the locals?

But at $1,000 for the adapter, you would probably need to use it so many times before it was even worth it. Given the option, I would probably go with our ICE vehicle (and I do cringe when I say that!) Last month's trip of 1,800 miles in 4 days only cost $210 for the gas. Next year that same trip will be emissions free!

ditto, but there ain't no SC in the Charlotte area yet. This would at least provide something while we wait if the adaptor were available. I also believe CHAdeMO could end up being a nice supplement to the SC network in some of the off the beaten path locations.

Now that the Charlotte SC seems to show some movement as evidenced by the latest change to the supercharger map, I have to believe it is at the permitting stage. Based on the new map, it looks as if the SC will go in near the I-85/485 junction just to the west of downtown.
Anyone have the ability to dig thru the permits in this area?

I had hoped to use this SC this Thanksgiving when traveling to NC to visit family but by my estimation, it will need to have permitting started within the next two weeks in order to go live by then. This has been on the "coming soon" list since March. What's taking so long?!

Oh, and sorry if I got your hopes up by waking this thread. :smile:

What's the latest update on Charlotte? I'm driving from Durham to Fort Mill, SC, and a Charlotte Supercharger would make this trip doable. The thought of having to take my wife's ICE SUV makes me cringe.

Still no sign of a permit being pulled, so this one is probably still months away. That said, you should be able to get to Fort Mill from Durham easily, even without stopping in Burlington.