Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers along I-80 from SF bay-area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The SC map for 2014, 2015 doesn't look encouraging for east-bound travel from SF along I-80. The two SC's coming up between Folsom and Salt Lake City (approx 650 miles) in 2014 won't cut it for travel on Superchargers. Surprised that Tesla SC team is not aggressively "Supercharging" this route given the large number of Model S in the NorCal region. Would be fun to drive to Montreal, NY, Yellowstone and other places without having to take long Supercharger detours or charging stops.
I hope Tesla has some pleasant surprise planned for this route.
Thoughts?

I stayed and charged at an EV friendly hotel in Truckee in December... And they told me a Tesla supercharger was coming to their hotel.
That location does not seem to be on the map. However I can't be certain they were not confusing an hpwc with a supercharger...

Currently in Danville visiting with family, and made the I-80 journey from Salt Lake in my ICE. Hope that Tesla gets some sort of network on that route soon, as I feel that I would make this journey again when I pickup my Tesla. Hopefully at the factory and drive it home.

I stayed and charged at an EV friendly hotel in Truckee in December... And they told me a Tesla supercharger was coming to their hotel.
That location does not seem to be on the map. However I can't be certain they were not confusing an hpwc with a supercharger...

I would guess they meant an HPWC. What is the name of the hotel? Did they provide you with a 240V outlet and if so how many amps?

Having driven SLC<->Bay Area many times, I think the two SCs across NV on the website map certainly won't be enough and will change, again, at least one more added (?) emupilot's list above has two more. The current dot around Elko seems to be Carlin though, for some reason.

BTW Tesla, in an email, encouraged me to offer specific advice to the SuperCharger team as to where those chargers ought to be. By specific, I think they meant actual sites they could send someone to scout. Anyone with experience on that route, and some useful information for them should chime in! Thanks, I Soooo can't wait to travel it in my Tesla.