Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging a Supercharger for the First Time - Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK...getting ready to use a Supercharger in St. Augustine this weekend. It will be my first time using a Supercharger. I have the car set to charge each night at 2am at 40 amps now.
My question is this...will I need to change the settings, or will hooking up to a supercharger automatically over-ride my settings and charge the car?
Thanks!

I'm sure others will have far more detailed and accurate responses. But the short answer is the superchargers bypass your single- or dual-chargers in the car (the 40A or 80A adjustable) and go directly to the battery. We just took our first supercharger trip last weekend, they are incredible! You don't have to change any settings; they just work.

I'm sure others will have far more detailed and accurate responses.
No need for a more detailed response. This is one of the great things about Tesla, the car knows what you want it to do and it does it, like turning on when you sit down and put your foot on the brake. Just plug in the supercharger and go have lunch. No settings to set, no icons to tap, no disclaimers to accept. It just happens.

Having said that you should make sure your charge port ring turns green to show it is charging. Once I didn't have the connector pushed in all the way, it does need a harder push than the UMC.