Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Tesla Slashes 7,000 Euros Off Model S Price in Germany"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will other countries in the EU (Netherlands, Belgium, France etc.) also get a price reduction?

EUR 7,000 is a huge amount.

Somebody on the linked article said there was a price reduction in Switzerland.

- - - Updated - - -

This is not a great sign. I would think that the reason German buyers are reluctant is possibly the top speed and the less than stellar interior.

It's also not a German car.

The speed aspect might be overblown, since unlimited speed sections are not found everywhere, but I also still see the limited Supercharger network and the lack of key safety amenities (particularly the lack of adaptive cruise) as barriers to sales, especially in a patriotic market with significant domestic alternatives.

I just checked the Dutch Tesla Motors website, and I saw that the price has been reduced also. I used to be 69,900 Euro (I think), and now it's 66,200 Euro.

Image1.gif

Too many questions...
If you subract the VAT and/or any import fees, what is the cost?
Did the Model S, or EVs, just get special treatment in Germany from a manufacture's point of view.
If so, is Tesla simply passing along the savings?

I would think so. I would think this is mostly related to homogenizing prices across Europe. Yesterday it was possible for a German to buy a Norwegian Model S for 7000 Euros less than what it would cost in Germany, after paying the import taxes.

Yesterday?

You mean that till yesterday it was for a German better to go buy a Tesla Model S in Norway rather than in Germany? So that has changed now?

I'd guess this is the result of some agreement on VAT/duty/tax/whatever. Given Tesla's stance on same profit everywhere, it's hard to believe they'd take a 7k euro loss on profit in Germany while they're still production constrained.