Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photosync Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am taking delivery at the End of the month. Im getting the car surprisingly fast, considering I placed my order on the 28th of Feb. I want to tint my windshield and I've read here that photosync is the best.

does anyone know of shops in the Raleigh NC area? Also what percentages would you do on the Pano?

FWIW, I live in AZ -- and took delivery in early June last year, so I have an AZ summer of experience with this. I had the side and rear windows tinted with 3M Crystalline about 4 days after getting the car. I did not have the pano roof or windshield tinted.

Heat penetration from the side windows was greatly reduced with Crystalline -- my first few morning commutes did not have tint and I could feel the sun's heat coming in. After getting the tint, that was gone.

The Pano does not need any additional tinting and the stock glass has very good UV reduction qualities. Even on the hottest days of the year, I could not feel any solar radiation coming through the roof on my head. If I reached my hand up above my head, I could feel a little bit of heat as my hand got close to the glass -- but it was very subtle and likely more an effect of heat rising and cold falling -- so the car was naturally cooler lower down with the A/C running...

I am considering getting my windshield tinted (using the lightest near-clear shade) before this summer -- even though its illegal. I could still feel heat coming through it last summer...

Last edited:
When it was 95-105 degrees last summer, I decided to get photosynch 75 on the windshield and 35 on the pano. Made a tremendous difference as I felt heat transmitting through the pano. If I were to do it again, I would get the windshield and pano done at the same time just to save time.

Back to the original question...

I am taking delivery at the End of the month. Im getting the car surprisingly fast, considering I placed my order on the 28th of Feb. I want to tint my windshield and I've read here that photosync is the best.

does anyone know of shops in the Raleigh NC area? Also what percentages would you do on the Pano?

Any Photosync dealers in Raleigh?