Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When were you last at a gas station?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my MS back in June 2013 and I haven't been to a gas station yet, that's almost 10 months!
This obviously is for all the times I have spent not in my car but in others including wife's ICE and company cars.
When were you last at a gas station?
Who has the longest record?

I had gone 11 months (from March 2013-Feb 2014). We never used any gas in our Volt after our MS arrived on 4/18/13. But, the Volt tracks the age of gas, and as it approaches 1 year old, it starts to force burn it off. So, it finally burned off the last 5 gallons in the tank last week. We put 2 gallons in it just cuz it won't allow you to have full power unless there's some gas in it (which is annoying BS since we never go beyond the battery range of it any more, a fundamental flaw of the Voltec power train if you ask me). Our lease ends in October, I don't expect to need to put gas in it ever again.

March 2009 was my last gas station visit - for my car, anyway. September 2009 was my wife's last visit. Sure don't miss that.

At some point over the past few years, I did fill up my son's car (a plug-in hybrid) once. And two rental cars, one in LA and one in Hawaii.

March 3rd. Had to get gas for the rental just before returning to the airport. First gas-filling since, oh, I bought the car last August.

It was weird putting liquid into the hole in the side of the car. Also weird seeing exhaust smoke coming out of the pipes in the back. So 20th century.

Two weekends ago when my wife almost ran out of gas getting home (car was struggling to stay running) and I had to fill up a gas canister to get gas to fill it back up. She wants a Model E. Can't wait.

I use a laser-controlled, no touch car wash at a nearby gas station during the winter here in Colorado, so I go "to the gas station" relatively often, and just drive right past the pumps to get a wash.

Me too (although not as fancy a wash), and I also pop in from time to time and squeegee the salt off the windows, headlights and tail lights. I tried the squeegee at home with water and it immediately froze to my glass! I can't be bothered leaving a pail of washer fluid in the garage for my squeegee when there's so many gas stations around.

Speaking of car washes, I always try and remember to buy a wash ticket when I'm fuelling up my wife's ICE so I can get the "with gas" discount :wink: They're usually good for 30 or 60 days.