Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Ferrari to Tesla convert's view

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was perusing the FerrariChat forum and came across this thread about a guy who bought a Model S and then began to neglect his beloved Ferrari in favor of the Model S, so he decided to sell it and invest the money into TSLA. I thought this was pretty cool, and probably not an uncommon response from any automobile enthusiast.

Just sold my Ferrari to buy more TSLA - FerrariChat.com

Just sold my Ferrari to buy more TSLAI never thought my relationship with Ferrari would come to an end. For the last 10 years I've owned a 355 Spyder and then a 430 Spyder. I have been a Ferrari fan all of my life and met many good friends in the Ferrari community. I always thought I would be a Ferrari owner for life. What I'm about to say would have been heresy even a year ago.

I picked up my Tesla Model S almost 1 year ago from today. It replaced my CLS 63 as my daily driver. I have been infatuated with the Model S since I took my first test drive. As the first months of ownership went by I found myself ignoring my 430. I thought maybe it was just a honeymoon phase with the Tesla. Each morning I entered my garage I had the choice of two amazing cars to drive to work. I usually drove the 430 once or twice a week to the office. But soon I was driving the 430 out of obligation from ignoring it. And it started to feel stale and antiquated. It had to warm up, the gas engine shook the whole car, it didn't have the instant torque of the Tesla. I felt like I was betraying my baby by feeling this way but it was reality. The Tesla, with it's maximum torque available at any RPM and with its electronic traction control was quicker off the line than my 430. It was more interesting to drive and felt like tomorrow. My 430 felt like yesterday.

Concurrent to my ownership of the car I have been buying the stock since Nov 2012 and increasing my position along the way. I finally decided to sell the 430 because it no longer fascinated me the way it once did. And the proceeds will be buying more shares of TSLA because I am a shareholder for the long-term.

...snip (follow link to continue reading thread)

I was perusing the FerrariChat forum and came across this thread about a guy who bought a Model S and then began to neglect his beloved Ferrari in favor of the Model S, so he decided to sell it and invest the money into TSLA. I thought this was pretty cool, and probably not an uncommon response from any automobile enthusiast.

Just sold my Ferrari to buy more TSLA - FerrariChat.com

Cool story. I do wonder if he would think the same if he had a 458 Italia. I've driven my friend's and that thing is a blast to drive.