Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next to Highland Park IL location!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not an owner yet, but am sold on Tesla. I just recently went through the complete buying and delivery process with him from start to finish. Luckily we live within 5 minutes of the new location in Highland Park, IL.
Great facility with great staff- they were very helpful and patient. Looking forward to gaining even more insights and knowledge on this wonderful site.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not an owner yet, but am sold on Tesla. I just recently went through the complete buying and delivery process with him from start to finish. Luckily we live within 5 minutes of the new location in Highland Park, IL.
Great facility with great staff- they were very helpful and patient. Looking forward to gaining even more insights and knowledge on this wonderful site.

Oops, meant to say I went through the process with my friend who just bought a gray P85.

I thought it was incredibly thoughtful that someone was able to relay a special situation with this buyer, and the man himself took a second to sign the driver's visor.

IMG_8224_zpsd86b6a62.jpg

My best friend Michael (he was the Tesla owner) passed away last night. He died wearing the white Tesla shirt I had gifted him for what was his last birthday. Sadly, he did not get to enjoy his new Model S as much as he deserved to. He included me in the complete experience and I'll never forget the time I was allowed to drive it and the rides we shared.

I firmly believe that his dream of ownership and the anticipation of the car gave him a good extra month of living. And I'll always hold Elon in the highest regard as a caring human being for seeing that he received his car along with a personally signed driver's sun visor (my avatar).

I'll think of my friend every time I see a Model S pass by me.

Goodbye, my brother.

IMG_8236.JPG

Last edited:
My condolences on the loss of your friend. My father died last year and the last time I saw him shortly before he died, he showed me a '63 Chevy Nova that he'd been talking with a guy about buying over the internet, shipping, etc. He'd always wanted one; alas he never got it. I'm glad your buddy got to enjoy his Tesla.