Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster car cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car cover finally got here.

Has vents over the blower areas, and a little door to allow the charging cable to pass through - but it kinda blows up like a hot air balloon while the fans are running. I kept waiting for it to take flight.

3555786332_2116706528_d.jpg

Not sure how much I will ever use it while charging. But it should allow me to park in outdoor parking lots without the sun fading the paint. Might keep away some potential molesters too.

Yes, this is the CarCovers product. I know from the Owner's board they are doing another rev of the product beyond mine.

I got the "WeatherShield" material which packs much smaller than their other products, but has less cushion built in if someone bumps my car.

Sorry ... but I would have a huge problem with this cover. The front air intake is "blocked", right ? That alone severely reduces the efficiency of the necessary cooling ...

Last edited:
Yes. The air vents on the hood are vented through the cover, but the air intake below the front bumper are not vented. This is the exact thing they are changing with the next revision.

Personally, I do not plan to charge while the cover is on (no need for it to be covered n my garage), so I don't much care right now, but I may wish to upgrade to this next version in the future.

I do not know. Last I heard was from about a week ago where their latest prototype was in the hands of Tesla engineers to see if they approved of the new changes.

Assuming that the latest prototype is accepted, then I think it will be just the amount of time it takes to manufacture/ship them. For my cover it took about 4 weeks. So maybe 4-8 weeks from now?

Your best bet is to call them and get something better than my guess. Their number is on the Owners Board under
Tesla Motors->General->Car Covers

(Or PM me and I will forward the info)

If you are interested in a cover, here is a late July Cover conversation emailed twix 3 owners.

#1 wrote:
#2,

Did you get the NOAH Covercraft cover for your Tesla...is the design
complete? Can you charge with cover on?

Did you see my [other] cover? I'll send you (separately) the
pix...#3 has seen them already.

What is the part number for #3 should he want to get the special
custom Tesla Covercraft cover with mods to he can charge while
covered?

tx #2,

Covercraft Vehicle Protection Products

Outlet store):
Covercraft DIRECT

Covercraft's Outlet Store is located at 21414 Parthenia Street, West
Hills, CA 91304
#3 wrote:

#1,

I have already talked to CarCraft about a Tesla cover and pricing.
[We prefer]the outside material

They have a dozen different fabrics. Prices go as low as $151 (soft
dust indoor) up to $481 (Heavy Duty weatherproof)

With cutouts standard HP Weathershield in gray or taupe: $362.46 + shipping
They are phasing out the old WB Weathershield fabric in black for $223.84

#1 wrote:

My car sits outside at work...or outside on side of the house when I
park it there. In the rain though I refrain from using the cover.

But if covered under a carport unsure why the NOAH wouldn't be
preferential. I do like how it is breathable. Then again I've used
this for so long...the weather stuff doesn't seem like an optimum
material for parking the car in the sun which is mainly what I use it
for...keep the car clean and not allow UV to penetrate.

#2 wrote:

I got the Weathershield.
I don't think that it matters too much which material you get. The Weathershield s a bit lighter and more compact so it takes up less space while still providing good protection so I went with it.

#1 wrote:

#2...did you get the WeathershieldHP or HD...

I can see the dirver for being "smallest" being important. The NOAH
says BEST for heat insulation...and handling in wind... yet
weathershieldHP is best for softtouch... which is important.

Maybe next time I try a weathershield... Noah has some ding
protection qualities...and easier to handle in wind.

#3 wrote:

As for color, black is what Tesla has been sporting at the LA and London dealerships, but since we want to help our cars keep their batteries cool even in direct sun, a light colored cover makes more sense.

#1 wrote:

Exactly...why I use the light gray NOAH...but maybe the weathershield
comes in a light color too.

I [understand] #2 on the thinner fabric solution. Noah is somewhat bulky
yet I get it to rollup and fit inside [the car].

I'll have to look at #2's cover one of these days. Does it stay
put or flap around in the wind? Mine stays pretty well put.

http://www.covercraft.com/fabric guide OUTDOOR rev 12-07.pdf

#2 wrote:
I believe there are several color choices for most of the fabrics. I've got the WeathershieldHD. It stays put fairly well but, in wind, you have to hook it onto the side mirrors for best results.

#2:

Last edited:
I got a cover for my roadster from Empire Covers. They give ratings for all their covers for how well it protects the car in four different categories, including sun. And there are always coupon codes floating around for that site.

EmpireCovers-Review

Not sure if you want to go to the trouble of covering the whole car every time you park though. I think the sunshade would be a lot easier.

What about those seams? Are they going to scratch the paint?

Is the seam thread choice sandpaper-liker rough and going to be a problem?

(from the waxing thead)

I have used a Noah fabric car cover on my classic car for a number of years without scratching. I don't put it on if the car gets dirty however.
It traps the dust that falls on the car quite effectively so the car stays clean when not in use.
I have only once put it on the car when wet and the next day the rain stopped and the car and cover were both dry.

I live in Florida and plan on driving my roadster nearly every day (hey it does rain here!)
I was on the phone with Covercraft and they have the "Weathershield" product on sale (all of there roadster products have both vents and the charging door available).
They claim it is better than the NOAH cover (lighter, thinner, better "protection" (the guy claimed better over-all protection). It sounds good, but I am wondering why there is so much discussion about the NOAH product, but not much on the better line of fabric.

Also, does anyone have a cover they no longer use and want to part with?

thanks,
Jordan