Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preferred Date Gone from Dashboard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I confirmed on Feb. 22 and have been watching for an estimated date of completion. So far, all I saw was "Preferred Delivery Date: April." Now, my dashboard doesn't have any dates on it, preferred, projected, etc. Is this standard? Does it mean anything?

My date has disappeared as well. It is my understanding when they disappear and a VIN is introduced that the car is beginning assembly. Yet, I still have sourcing parts (theoretically possible even while building). I haven't been contacted by my DS as of yet though. I confirmed on 2/14 with an April delivery. Wondering why some have been contacted and others have not. I have heard that the Watertown service center is extremely busy which may be the reason. Am I correct in assuming that the DS is local to the area (or pickup location)?

Just affirming that it is indeed normal. Once preferred month is gone, you can't change on your own. If some one wants to change, he can still make a call and depending on where he is, it can still be changed. Bear in mind that for US deliveries car goes in production around 2 weeks before the date so you can make changes until then. HTH and congrats!!!! Amit

I was going to post something about my preferred date but I'll post it here instead. I ordered and confirmed my S85 on the 6th of March and the preferred delivery date of Late March. What are the odds of that actually happening when the configure site says 2-3 months? Would I most likely get mine late March or in around May. Which is within the 2-3 month range?