Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in Zeeland (NL)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks

I'm getting my Tesla and of the month and now turn my mind to the maze of charging solutions - given that Telsa fell asleep with the EU supercharger roll-out.

We go quite often to Domburg in Zeeland and I'm looking for a solution to top-up the Model S while we enjoy the beach and restaurants there.

I see there are some charging points in Domburg, do they work with Model S? They appear to need a pass, but there are MANY different passes available - is there one to apply for which is the best, covers the most? Can I get these even being in Belgium?

Example: Oplaadpalen / Oplaadpunten / Auto opladen - Dit is de onafhankelijke website die alle oplaadpalen en oplaadpunten laat zien, ook via een app te benaderen vanuit de auto

It's really confusing - and doubly so being only English speaking :crying:

Thanks in advance for your help
Dave

Hi Folks

I'm getting my Tesla and of the month and now turn my mind to the maze of charging solutions - given that Telsa fell asleep with the EU supercharger roll-out.

We go quite often to Domburg in Zeeland and I'm looking for a solution to top-up the Model S while we enjoy the beach and restaurants there.

I see there are some charging points in Domburg, do they work with Model S? They appear to need a pass, but there are MANY different passes available - is there one to apply for which is the best, covers the most? Can I get these even being in Belgium?

Example: Oplaadpalen / Oplaadpunten / Auto opladen - Dit is de onafhankelijke website die alle oplaadpalen en oplaadpunten laat zien, ook via een app te benaderen vanuit de auto

Dave
Hey Dave! I can see how this gets confusing, but actually the charging infrastructure in the Netherlands is pretty advanced and therefore simple to use: nearly every public charger accepts pretty much every pass. I have a "Love2Load" pass from The New Motion, and it has never been refused by any of the 30-or-so different public chargers that I used in the last 5 months. I don't even check for "compatibility" any more when I locate a public charger. But this is not the exception, I'm pretty sure that most owners here will report similar experiences regardless of the pass they chose.

I have no useful information on good chargers in Zeeland, but I think there are some forum members here that do :)

Hi Dave,

Don't worry, you're not the only limey around here. I've used the charge point at Abraham Calandplein 2 in Westkapelle. 11kW, standard charge pass, ie Greenflux, New Motion, etc. Good location right behind the sea wall.

There's a few around, check out oplaadpalen.nl

Rob.

I live in Middelburg and I use the public charging infrastructure here quite often (Sometimes just for the statistics) and they all work.

Domburg has a charging station just behind the beaches, but if you want, Zoutelande also has charging stations at the parking places behind the beaches.

Just order a card from The New Motion and you can charge here without any problems. You can also pick up a card at my home if you want (even charge there at 3x30A), it's just off the A58 highway in Middelburg.

Geen probleem, no problem.
Brussel domburg 150 km only.
I recently drove zierikzee leuven (LOUVAIN)
and back without charging, easy if you have the s 85.
And if you think you run out of energy, just go slower and get more miles/KM from a Kwh.

Thanks @Rob, @widodh

@Mosterdmaker - it's not there there-and-back that's the problem, it's the there-and-back and to be able to do it the next day. I don't have the infrastructure to do a full charge overnight.

And yes, maybe I should have gone dual charger route, but Tesla made a lot of noise about equipping Northern Europe with SC's in 2014. Like everyone else on this sub-forum, I'm tapping my fingers waiting.

So, a little juice during the day would help somewhat.

Hi Folks

Dave

This the Chademo Fastcharger Zeeland situation from Chargemap - Electric cars' charging station map
Guess you have a Tesla Chademo adaptor?! It's quite accurate.
Just filter for Type 2 to see those... etc etc !

upload_2018-4-4_10-10-13.png