Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Campbellford, ON - Myrtle Beach, SC - March Break Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,
We travel to Myrtle Beach every March Break. Looking forward to the challenge, and joy, of traveling down with the Model S this year. Wishing the Cranberry PA supercharger was online, but JakeP has graciously allowed us to do a quick top up at his place on the journey South.

Here's the itinerary - it could change with any suggestions, but for now it looks like the best plan. I'm going through Buffalo because we have another vehicle joining us driving that route and meeting us in the US for the way down.

I'll post updates, like I did for my Chicago thread, when I have the opportunity.

Myrtle Beach Trip - March 7-16

Campbellford, Ontario (Home)

to

Niagara Falls Charger
4943 Clifton Hill Niagara Falls, ON L2G3N5
(301 km)

to

TMC JakeP’s HPWC near Cranberry
OR
Cranberry Charger
130 Commonwealth Dr , Warrendale, Pennsylvania, 15086
(357 km)

to

Somerset, PA Super Charger
1030 North Center Avenue, somerset pa
(136 km)

to

Best Western, Hagerstown, MD
Hagerstown, MD, 21740, United States
(174 km)

to

Hagerstown, MD Super Charger
495 Premium Outlets Blvd, Hagerstown, MD
(5 km)

to

Glen Allen, VA Super Charger
9860 Brook Rd, Glen Allen, VA
(259 km)

to

Rocky Mount, NC Super Charger
651 N. Winstead Avenue, Rocky Mount, NC
(213 km)

to

Lumberton, NC Super Charger
5093 Fayetteville Road, Lumberton, NC
(192 km)

to

Sheraton Broadway Plantation
3301 Robert M. Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach,South Carolina, 29577
(128 km)

First leg down - Campbellford to Sick Kids for the day with my son (weekly visit), then off to Niagara Falls for the night and a charge. I'm fully loaded, and will top up again 30 KM down the road in Fort Erie at the Sun Country charger (only 40 amps).

From there, down to @JakeP's house for some time on the HPWC near Cranberry. Smooth sailing from there on down!

Will update when I can. The second leg to Jake's house is 340 km. Weather is good, will draft trucks, and drive slowly. But once I hit those superchargers, I do plan on opening it up a bit - just for a bit ;-)

I connected with Jake through the forum, and then we emailed for about a week before my journey began. He offered his charger to make the trip a bit smoother, and I took him out to dinner while we charged.

And brought some Nanaimo Bars (only in Canada!) and some Maple Syrup to tide him over for a while ;-)

Trip went very smoothly. Superchargers are amazing. We seriously need Canadian chargers soon. It has to be a major selling feature because it was so smooth and easy to travel down here!

How did you get a hold of JakeP or did he offer up his charger? Remember to bring some Timmy's as a thank-you...maybe not a coffee since it will be cold by then.