Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A new red dot appeared on the TM website with "Coming Soon" status for a Supercharger at or near the junction of I-17 and AZ-69. Kinda hard to tell if its Cordes Junction or Verde Valley, but Cordes is probably more likely due to its position midway between Phoenix and Flagstaff. This location would provide easier access to both Prescott and Sedona and would reduce range anxiety between Phoenix and Flagstaff.

A new red dot appeared on the TM website with "Coming Soon" status for a Supercharger at or near the junction of I-17 and AZ-69. Kinda hard to tell if its Cordes Junction or Verde Valley, but Cordes is probably more likely due to its position midway between Phoenix and Flagstaff. This location would provide easier access to both Prescott and Sedona and would reduce range anxiety between Phoenix and Flagstaff.

I'm pretty certain it's Cordes Junction. You can see the eastward jut of I-17 on Tesla's map north of the dot -- and Camp Verde is just about on the eastward point there...

I would expect most of the Coming Soon superchargers to be at least under construction within the next 3 months.

Tesla is or wants to build a Supercharger somewhere in the vague area of the red dot, but they might change their mind or just completely forget that they meant to do it.

Both of these definitions are accurate. :wink:

Fortunately, the first happens most of the time, but unfortunately, the second definition happens often enough to take the "coming soon" map with a "grain of salt."

Interestingly, the Hawthorne "Dashboard" "Coming Soon" dots seem to be more accurate than the Tesla web site. Anyone visiting Hawthorne, please try to get a clear, sharp picture of the "Dashboard" and post it.

Both of these definitions are accurate. :wink:

Fortunately, the first happens most of the time, but unfortunately, the second definition happens often enough to take the "coming soon" map with a "grain of salt."

Interestingly, the Hawthorne "Dashboard" "Coming Soon" dots seem to be more accurate than the Tesla web site. Anyone visiting Hawthorne, please try to get a clear, sharp picture of the "Dashboard" and post it.

I think 3 months is a good timeline. The last update to the website was in late November, just before Thanksgiving. Most of the locations where completed before February. We'll see if that time frame remains accurate.

My wife and I are ridiculously interested in this location as we are Slowdonuts. (Sadona locals for those who have never lived here) This would obviously enable us to do airport runs and Phoenix excursions much more easily. No more stopping at the mall to top off before we head home...

My wife and I are ridiculously interested in this location as we are Slowdonuts. (Sadona locals for those who have never lived here) This would obviously enable us to do airport runs and Phoenix excursions much more easily. No more stopping at the mall to top off before we head home...

Got a hint that things might start heating up soon in Cordes Junction. Keep your eyes open...

Application for Permit was filed (A12014000937) on 4/4/2014. Black and Veatch is the contractor. The address is the Shell station at 14925 Stagecoach Trail, Cordes Lakes. The application for permit was filed with Yavapai County.

OK! It's not the best for things to do there, but at least there are a McDonald's, a Subway, and two gas stations there. Way better than Gallup! 14925 S Stagecoach Trail, Cordes Lakes, AZ - Google Maps

This will make the Buckeye to Flagstaff drive WAY more comfortable...

It's time for some locals to look for a new Energy Vortex being created; this is close to Sedona!!! :wink: